Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three words hard-core protection. I have a 06', my brother has a 07'. I put a set of wood-craft sliders on mine. There are junk. They look good but offer no protection to the lowers or the cases. I had to machine out exstions so they would work half-ass. Anyways, He knew my discused with mine. We was at the local bike shop and they had a set of race rails. Reluctently, my brother bought them. He and I like the race look. He hated cages and did not want for his bike to look like it had one on it. It dont! They wont save your bike in a crash of course, but they do provide a lot more protection than regular sliders. Warning! The Installation is a do-it-your-selfer on 04'-05', but quite a bit more complicated on the 06'-07' due to the position of the water resivor. If you dont like fabing things or cutting on factory hardware (which I know a lot of you do "this statement is not for you") Dont try it. The main reason I like them so much is just the fact of the design. With an engeering degree my self. After going over them. It not only prevents damage to the fairings, but may infact protect the frame due to the fact it dispurses a lot of the impact impulse in to the most rigid part of the frame. So if your a tipicial street rider, These are for you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
frame sliders are designed to protect one thing, and one thing only...THE FRAME. they're not plastics sliders or case sliders. FRAME sliders. they are only there to protect the frame from damage. don't knock the woodcrafts simply because they don't protect something they aren't supposed to.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
woodcrafts do what they designed for just right...frame sliders help to save the frame but they aren't goign to gaurentee that the frame wont get hurt...sometimes they break off when there is abad enough wreck...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Unfortunatly sliders only protect the bike from major damage if it ends up sliding along the tarmac on its side. If the bike flips over even once then you're looking at major damage to the nose, tail, tank, and alot more. If this happens then the race rails wont help much either - the bike will still be trashed. I've seen it happen!

Sliders are still a good investment and Kawasaki's own sliders look damn good and are very sturdy as they are physically attached to each other via 2 sepearte rods that pass through the frame of the bike (that's what I have on mine).

·
Registered
317 Posts
My buddy put race rails on his 07 CBR600.. He specifically asked the guys at the company if he could install them without modifying the bike.. They said absolutely, they bolt right on.. Well, they didn't! He called back to ask some questions and the guy he spoke to was a total ass.. worst customer service ever. So, I say F%$K race Rails!
________
TEEN FUCKING

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
they work for stunta's!! and for those that have a hard time exiting a parking lot without falling over.

BD
Race rails are really for stunt dudes, who has a tendency to drop bikes on a regular basis.
They are for stunters and handicapped toilets.
:+1::crackup: ya they arent meant for protection of a low-slide more of a low speed crash doing squidly things in a parking lot :machinegu i always thought they would hurt more than help in a low-slide

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the woodcrafts on my 07 have not used them and hope i dont test them but they look pretty solid to me.As for protecting the frame.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts