Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for you folks who have a California model of the 06 10R. I got some
race plastics from Attack Kawasaki. Very nice fit and finish. Anyway, for those of you who have installed race plastics on a Cali 06 10R. What did you do with the evap canisters and hoses. Is there some preferred way to eliminate this stuff? And what parts did you use to do it?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I'm willing to bet the '06 won't be any different than the '04 as far as the KLEEN is involved. It's just taking some covers, tubing, and a solenoid off. And in your cali. model's case, a charcoal canister. Then you just replace the oem covers with ones from Ivan and plug the airbox with a vacuum cap or silicon or whatever will seal the hole adn not fall out.

Take your tank off and you will see that instructions aren't really necessary. Hope I don't sound like a dick, 'cause I'm not trying to be one. It's just not a real complicated thing.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If the 06's aren't different than the 04/05's then the charcoal/evap system is another system than the KLEEN blockoff plates mod. There is a long post here (maybe the how-to section) that explains how to take all of the charcoal canister and tubing off. All you need to do is disconnect the two hoses underneath the tank that lead to the charcoal canister (one red, one blue which corresponds to inlet, outlet don't know which is which though) and extend the outlet to a longer tube to exit the bottom fairing and plug the inlet. Don't know if any of this makes sense but there is a post about it here

·
Registered
943 Posts
Its the same for both 04-05 and 06. How do I know because I done it on the 06 Model. It uses the same block off plates too.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts