Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any side effect, primarily bad, of having the race lowers on a street bike? Will it cause any heat issues? Clearance issues with kickstand or anything else? I am wanting less cutouts for a project I want to do. Any thoughts on asthetics of the race lower matched with oem plastics? Any brands to stay away from or ones to look at?

Tread

Edit: Maybe I should have put this in ZX? Nah, i think this will work.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
I have looked, and can not find any that will fit to the oem mid section, all of the race lowers mate up with the race uppers conscidereably higher up.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9R to 10R said:
I have looked, and can not find any that will fit to the oem mid section, all of the race lowers mate up with the race uppers conscidereably higher up.
hmmm, can someone confirm this? I may have to get the street lowers but I need/want less cutouts. Any ideas?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
wont fit w/ street upper...

and on most applications your kickstand wont fit either. I "think" on the 10r you can keep your kickstand, but for instance on a 02 750, you cannot.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Not sure about heat while moving but I had to put a heat guard on the right side of the lower hotbodies stuff because the pipe actually lays on the fiberglass. It does make it run a bit hotter at low speeds.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
madkaw said:
Not sure about heat while moving but I had to put a heat guard on the right side of the lower hotbodies stuff because the pipe actually lays on the fiberglass....
that sounds like poor craftmanship during instalation to me...:heyyou:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts