Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
I have one on my G4 that's the same thing. I'll snap a pic later. But there are some already on the site I think.

Reactions: g-man

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
Is this what you're looking for?

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1467655475.711450.jpg

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
Revzilla has one made by G&B, looks better IMO.

Yeah, if you feel like drilling and tapping into your swingarm, go for the GB racing one. The kawi race kit one uses the swingarm spool mount and is not permanent, takes 2 secs to mount, and protects your toe just the same. But to each their own.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
Yes, thanks.

Very strange the way it sits at an angle...

There's only 1 bolt holding it on. You could rotate it so it sits parallel to the arm, but it uses the swingarm as a stop when tightening the bolt. And would leave a gap at this front.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
It helps stop your foot from getting caught between the sprocket and chain.

Yup. When you crash and get tangled in the bike, it deflects your foot from going into the chain/sprocket

Reactions: Justin33

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
I will admit, kind of strange the way it just hangs there!

It should be rotated so the front edge is touching the swingarm. It's not supposed to be flat like that or it could catch your boot should you use it. And that would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It should be rotated so the front edge is touching the swingarm. It's not supposed to be flat like that or it could catch your boot should you use it. And that would defeat the purpose.
I'll change it tomorrow, want to put some rubber on it where it touches the swingarm so it doesn't dig-in. Old bicycle inner-tubes really come in handy :grin2:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,981 Posts
I'll change it tomorrow, want to put some rubber on it where it touches the swingarm so it doesn't dig-in. Old bicycle inner-tubes really come in handy :grin2:

That will work! Just so you're aware, mine doesn't have any padding there and it didn't move. No scratches from where it touches. But I can see why you'd want it anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts