Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just received my Race kit cams and head gasket but noticed the kit gasket oil supply hole is much smaller compared to stock gasket (pic attached).. my bike is basically street use and sometimes I do track days, will this affect driveability or engine durability for street use?
I believe the smaller hole will increase oil pressure,,well probably but is this good or perhaps not for the engine in the long run?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
If this is an oil supply hole to the head my guess would be that they are limiting oil to the head to keep it in the bottom end. I know some V8’s motors over oil the cam at higher RPM and the crank can suffer. Many times on those motors they install oil restrictions to keep more oil and pressure at the crankshaft. It’s possible that’s what is going on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Just a little more info, in the past when I have used a kit gasket on bikes that are primarily street use, and where rpm hasn't been bumped, i drilled out the oil passage in the gasket to a rough medium between stock and kit, but there is no scientific evidence but just my belief that a little extra lower doesn't hurt. But also know kit gaskets haven't proved an issue on stock bikes. But the thought is always well why don't kawa have the smaller hole in stock gaskets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a little more info, in the past when I have used a kit gasket on bikes that are primarily street use, and where rpm hasn't been bumped, i drilled out the oil passage in the gasket to a rough medium between stock and kit, but there is no scientific evidence but just my belief that a little extra lower doesn't hurt. But also know kit gaskets haven't proved an issue on stock bikes. But the thought is always well why don't kawa have the smaller hole in stock gaskets
That's exactly what I had in mind, to drill out the hole. Thanks for sharing your experience, guess I will now go ahead with confidence :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts