Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am going to dyno tune my gen4 engine myself as there is no one who can do this where I am located. ( I actually went once allready with an expert, but he didn't even know how to save it to the ecu and he did only afr tuning, so I got back with a 0 map:dontknow:) I have the race kit ecu with harness and the computer cable.

I have decided if I am going to get it done, it's better to do it myself, with hopefully some help here:)

I have it in a race car with modified headers and it has a dry sump. I have a data logger that for now just have logged afr. I will get the logger hooked into rpm and tps aswell.

I have raced it with the 0 map and it has been running a bit rich, around 12.4 afr. As I am in a month or two going to spend a day on a dyno, it would be good to have look with some maps before, so I could see where others have picked up power. Just to see where to play around the most:smile:.

As it is in a racecar I have to go to a car dyno shop, and they do not really have so much knowledge about motorbike engines.

I am thinking to get the afr around 13 -13,3 and then start with iginition. Is it fairly safe to start from the 0 map and add ignition or should I step back a bit first?

I thought about working most with 100 tps as in the racecar we are pretty much on or off throttle.

If any body want share their map and give hints/advise on some of this I will be very gratefull:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hello, I am going to dyno tune my gen4 engine myself as there is no one who can do this where I am located. ( I actually went once allready with an expert, but he didn't even know how to save it to the ecu and he did only afr tuning, so I got back with a 0 map:dontknow:) I have the race kit ecu with harness and the computer cable.

I have decided if I am going to get it done, it's better to do it myself, with hopefully some help here:)

I have it in a race car with modified headers and it has a dry sump. I have a data logger that for now just have logged afr. I will get the logger hooked into rpm and tps aswell.

I have raced it with the 0 map and it has been running a bit rich, around 12.4 afr. As I am in a month or two going to spend a day on a dyno, it would be good to have look with some maps before, so I could see where others have picked up power. Just to see where to play around the most:smile:.

As it is in a racecar I have to go to a car dyno shop, and they do not really have so much knowledge about motorbike engines.

I am thinking to get the afr around 13 -13,3 and then start with iginition. Is it fairly safe to start from the 0 map and add ignition or should I step back a bit first?

I thought about working most with 100 tps as in the racecar we are pretty much on or off throttle.

If any body want share their map and give hints/advise on some of this I will be very gratefull:)
Ιf you have a datalogger that can log tps/rpm/AFR it should be fairly easy to tune the car even without a dyno,you just drive it at your local track and then adjust the fueling based on your log. It's going to take 2-3 times of adjustment/logging but it's easy,just time consuming.

Ignition would be better tuned on the dyno,where you can have visual confirmation of the changes rather than just "feel". The zero map is a good place to start,not too advanced

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ιf you have a datalogger that can log tps/rpm/AFR it should be fairly easy to tune the car even without a dyno,you just drive it at your local track and then adjust the fueling based on your log. It's going to take 2-3 times of adjustment/logging but it's easy,just time consuming.

Ignition would be better tuned on the dyno,where you can have visual confirmation of the changes rather than just "feel". The zero map is a good place to start,not too advanced
Thank you for replying. Good to know there is some margin on the 0 map:) I assume you have done this allready? Did you find some more power while tuning the ignition? I am just curios of what potential there might be:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thank you for replying. Good to know there is some margin on the 0 map:) I assume you have done this allready? Did you find some more power while tuning the ignition? I am just curios of what potential there might be:)

I've done this in a gen3 bike,so things might be a little different on the gen4,but I suppose similar... There is little room for gains with ignition tuning,especially with the 100 octane fuel I'm using... :hello:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts