Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Race Kit ECU for my 06 10R and with some circuit testing I found the ECU's fan pin is "live" so I just plugged in a wire from a second kit ECU harness and my fan now works just like stock. I love this stuff!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
hows the performance over stock on a scale of 1-10 (10 being well worth the fuggin money!)?

·
Registered
253 Posts
One of the US Mags recently did a test on the ZX-10R and said unless you have, or plan to have, motor changes or maybe running traction control, it's not worth the big money.

Can't remember the article though, I'll have to try and find it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is sooooo worth it. The adjustability is great. I have installed a full Akra system and been down the PC route and didn't want to go there again. I wanted a "clean" set up not a PC plugged into to my eletrical system,then get a TRE to by-pass Kawi's epa /consumer safety detunning,and now you get pinging at low rpms so you'll probably need an ignition module, you also may have to do a TPS mod and adjust your cold high idle speed. Then factor in the cost of all these and for me, the kit ECU is the way to go. Just plug it in, get tons of adjustibility,load a map and ride.

Will it add horsepower not sure, great if it does, but not the reason I went with it.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
260310025 ECU PC Interface Cord
211750073 Adjustable ECU

What else is required? Isn't there a harness needed? I have an 04

Tread

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You must be talking about the adaptor for the stock harness Tread.

edit: like $42

·
Registered
590 Posts
give me some dyno #'s and then we can see whether it's worth it.. I ran 163hp on the dynojet dyno with full Leo, PC III and pump gas... on my '06.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't need dyno numbers to prove it's worth it to me. I've had PC and never like the set up compared to idea of a race ECU. As I mentioned above it's the adjustibility and the "clean" install without interfaces between the ecu and sensors that make it worth it. As for more hp than a PC don't know but I will shortly.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
how much did the entire set up cost?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Ecu, harness adaptor and the serial port adaptor/cord for programming, right at $1k

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm going this route with my 636. Fukin 10 has eaten 2 PCIII and I don't know if its vibrations or heat in the tail but like clockwork every 4th trackday I' m disconnecting the beotch and sending it to dynojet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
pr0phet00 what happenes to your pc3,i have an 05 track bike i just got and my tps show 100 percent throttle all the time but the bike still seems to work ok,starts fine,idles fine.i low sided the bike first day i ran the bike then put it on a dyno and found out the tps was at 100 all the time.checked codes on bike but dosent show any codes,could it be the pc3?

·
Registered
516 Posts
pr0phet00 what happenes to your pc3,i have an 05 track bike i just got and my tps show 100 percent throttle all the time but the bike still seems to work ok,starts fine,idles fine.i low sided the bike first day i ran the bike then put it on a dyno and found out the tps was at 100 all the time.checked codes on bike but dosent show any codes,could it be the pc3?
I'm not sure but the new one I mounted in the tail on 4 small pieces of styrofoam and I strapped a PC processor heat sink on top of it to help dissapate heat. Kind of a hillbilly fix but we'll see if the same issue pops up. I hope it's not the pipes cooking it.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Tread, for the 04 and 05 you need the harness adaptor, which is around 200. For the '06 its 46 like was mentioned earlier. I just got my adaptor from attack kawasaki recently - and they were surprised that it was still available. The race ecu may be NLA so better check on that before getting your hopes up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts