Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2016 ZX10R I had my ECU flashed by 2WDW, they made my bike run awesome . They deleted the ,top speed limiter, low fan cutoff,O2 sensor,servo motor,and anything else that was EURO 4 ..My bike was race -track only...Now here is my question? I have ordered the 2017 ZX10RR and was planning on just having my ECU flashed again by 2WDW, MY FRIEND who also races Kawasaki said this time I should purchase the Race Kit ECU from Kawasaki because it is noticeably better than having the stock ECU flashed? What is your guys thoughts? Is the Kit ECU that much better than a stock flash? What would be the difference between the 2? I really am on the fence on which way to go? I will let some of you help me decide the better option.Thanks Scott Reynolds

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Here's the functions that the Gen5 kit ECU is capable of adjusting/modifying. If the functions you want to mod are all included in a flash, it would probably save you quite a bit of money to go with a flash.

Having had a kit ECU on my Gen4, I decided to go that route again with the Gen5. Just depends on what you want to do with it, I suppose.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
how about call nels and ask him about it and be specific in your questions. what does the race kit ecu vs his flash options have in common and how they're different. and for your application which is better for you.

425-269-5332
[email protected]

i look forward to hearing your findings

·
Registered
102 Posts
how about call nels and ask him about it and be specific in your questions. what does the race kit ecu vs his flash options have in common and how they're different. and for your application which is better for you.

425-269-5332
[email protected]

Good answer dude.
Here's the functions that the Gen5 kit ECU is capable of adjusting/modifying. If the functions you want to mod are all included in a flash, it would probably save you quite a bit of money to go with a flash.

Having had a kit ECU on my Gen4, I decided to go that route again with the Gen5. Just depends on what you want to do with it, I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow iam really fuck up here a guy trying to decide whether or not to get a race flash or a stock flash and here iam trying to decide which stock flash to use lol iam really behind the game lol.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

425-269-5332
[email protected]

Thanks, I talk to Nells and Pat quite often, I just wanted some feedback from some forum members..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kit ECU would be my vote; especially with competitive track riding. I'm going that route next season myself. Congrats on your '16 by the way!

Reactions: scotman623

·
Registered
102 Posts
There a ecu on ebay brand new for your bike for 600 you could send that out to be flashed with the race kit you need

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just interested in the feedback on this - I have zero doubt that it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference for me this next year, but curious what the consensus is...

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you are not an expert with engine management then I would either buy the FTECU flash kit and use the Graves full system race map or send your Ecu to nels

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are not an expert with engine management then I would either buy the FTECU flash kit and use the Graves full system race map or send your Ecu to nels

I am most likely going to send my ECU back to Nels and let him work his magic again!!! I believe for what I'm doing his flash works just fine for my needs, I race Amateur with CCS..

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

You don't need to be an expert. The software is very user friendly. Have a tuner build your afr map and then the rest is easy to adjust yourself. I'm far from an expert and have no problem with it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You don't need to be an expert. The software is very user friendly. Have a tuner build your afr map and then the rest is easy to adjust yourself. I'm far from an expert and have no problem with it.
You are correct the FTECU software is very easy to use and with the addition of Active Tune and excellent maps available for free downloads in their file manager makes using it simple for the average user

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
You are correct the FTECU software is very easy to use and with the addition of Active Tune and excellent maps available for free downloads in their file manager makes using it simple for the average user

I was referring to the kit software, never used FT.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
a lot of it comes down to your application, what do you want vs what do you need for how you're using your motorcycle. the "right" answer can be different for each person.

ft's maps that are free to download are generally garbage

1 - 20 of 24 Posts