Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
DO NOT RUN RACE GAS! If you want to run a leaded fuel I recommend VP ultimate 4 or MR9. Our bikes are setup to run on 91 octane. If you put 110 in it will slow down the flame front and will slow you down. You might be able to get away with 110 if you're running nitrous.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
It's not needed. If you just like the smell then throw a splash in.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
1killer1liter said:
It's not needed. If you just like the smell then throw a splash in.
:crackup: i use to run 110 in my 900rr but i had some work done to it and i too like the smell. :lol:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
the trick isn't the octane...get some gas that has alot of OXYGEN in it...thats where you get more HP.

You WILL get more HP if your bike is mapped with MR9...if its not, it wont help as much.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
run the bike with a like octane it was mapped with. you'll make less power with race gas over pump gas on a stock motor.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
From VP's site:

VP StreetBlaze 100 is oxygenated with ethanol. Environmentally friendly, it meets California Air Resource Board (CARB) requirements and is street legal throughout the U.S. Generates substantial power increases over premium grade 92 octane unleaded gasoline. StreetBlaze 100 works well in the latest generation of electronically-controlled turbo engines, for example the Subaru WRX.

• Color: Orange
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 96
• R+M/2: 100
• Specific Gravity: .746 at 60° F

-----I've seen mapped Oxygenated fuels make a substantial increase over pump fuel with the right map.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
miykl said:
From VP's site:

VP StreetBlaze 100 is oxygenated with ethanol. Environmentally friendly, it meets California Air Resource Board (CARB) requirements and is street legal throughout the U.S. Generates substantial power increases over premium grade 92 octane unleaded gasoline. StreetBlaze 100 works well in the latest generation of electronically-controlled turbo engines, for example the Subaru WRX.

• Color: Orange
• Motor Octane: 96
• R+M/2: 100
• Specific Gravity: .746 at 60° F

-----I've seen mapped Oxygenated fuels make a substantial increase over pump fuel with the right map.

yea that would be a great fuel for a turbo application. (bike or car)
a lower octane oxygenated fuel would work better for the zx10 though.
and yes I agree that good gains can be had out of oxygenated fuels, of course the cost of the fuels is outrageous.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
what is the difference between motor octane and R+m/2?? I know the latter is what we see at the pumps.

I thought VP made a lower octane oxygenated fuel but couldn't find it on their site.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
MR1
Recommended for 4-stroke applications where octane requirements are fairly low, e.g. Supersport, Superbike, Formula Extreme and MX. Delivers up to 6% more power than pump gas and any basic nonoxygenated racing fuel. Clean burning - leaves intake and exhaust valves virtually free of deposits for maximum airflow and performance from start to finish. Can be mixed with MR8 to raise octane level for specific applications. AMA legal except Supercross and Outdoor Nationals.

• Color: Clear
• Motor Octane: 90
• Specific Gravity: .749 at 60° F

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
miykl said:
what is the difference between motor octane and R+m/2?? I know the latter is what we see at the pumps.

I thought VP made a lower octane oxygenated fuel but couldn't find it on their site.

MR9 and U4 would be the two fuels I would recommend.
As for the difference I can't personally explain it to you but there is a lot of info on the net about it.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
rdandy5875 said:
Nice thread, really .....I'm going to read the whole thing when I have an extra 3 hours....

j/k
Good call...you'll need all the advantage you can get with that yammi!

:zx_blk:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, he has a point I've pulled off hard against 2 new r1's one was stock :lol: and the other had a front sprocket and slip on's.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I promote the U4, ounce for ounce this is this best vp fuel for stock applications. The mr9 is alsome, but you need to be mapped for it, otherwise you're paying twice the price as u4 with the same results. U4 in a stock zx10 with or without pump gas map is 3.6% increase, thats dyno proven and personally proven on the track by myself. I picked up almost 2 tenths in the 1/8th

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
rated zx said:
I promote the U4, ounce for ounce this is this best vp fuel for stock applications. The mr9 is alsome, but you need to be mapped for it, otherwise you're paying twice the price as u4 with the same results. U4 in a stock zx10 with or without pump gas map is 3.6% increase, thats dyno proven and personally proven on the track by myself. I picked up almost 2 tenths in the 1/8th

2 tenths?? hell a 40 shot of NOS only yields you about 3 tenths..
I'd believe 2 mph.

·
Registered
451 Posts
VP mr fuels are nasty, they gum up everything.
just make sure you run the tank dry dont let it sit, and put in a couple gallons of pump gas in your tank and run it for a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts