Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im upping my shot and need to get an understanding on race gas and if its necessary. i will be running a 40 shot for now, stock motor, with basic bolt ons like slip on, filter, bunch of delets and a 40 dry shot....so can someone tell me if i should run race gas and what kinda and why, also should it be a 50/50 mix or a straight gas??

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
You don't HAVE to run race gas with that spray. The tuner can lean you out a bit more on race gas and/or add more timing if you have a DJ timing control box. Otherwise, if not tuned for race gas, you'd be wasting $ on that expensive gas. As long as you are tuned properly on pump gas and spray there is no need for race gas to be added. Throwing a gallon of VP MR109 unleaded in to try and help avoid any detonation would not hurt but I haven't had any problems using regular 93oct and a 30 shot. That's what I was tuned for and it works just fine.
If you wanna get every pony out of your bike and have a DJ timing box, then use race gas and spray for your spray map that way your tuner will know that is what you want to do and will make you a very agressive map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts