Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 05 ZX10 and was wondering if the Kawasaki adjustable Race ECU is worth spending the money on if the bike is not a track bike.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hell yeah it is.i have two of them brand new and a sub harness to go with it.it allows real time adjustments for fuel,timing,over (500 more rpm) and a bunch more stuff.its the same cpu attack used on their superbike and deezhul used on his landspeed bike.it blows the dynojet stuff away.if your intrested let me know ill send you a package deal

·
Registered
819 Posts
How much can you change the fueling? Is it like the pcIII 50%?

What about ignition advance or retard 10 degrees either way or more?

·
Registered
41 Posts
hell yeah it is.i have two of them brand new and a sub harness to go with it.it allows real time adjustments for fuel,timing,over (500 more rpm) and a bunch more stuff.its the same cpu attack used on their superbike and deezhul used on his landspeed bike.it blows the dynojet stuff away.if your intrested let me know ill send you a package deal
Interested, will PM

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Not its not since most of us can't ride the bike to its full potential anyways. Most people bling their bikes out just to say they have this and that. The PCIII will do just fine especially if you are just doing mild mods.

·
Registered
475 Posts
well i have personally run into all kinds of problems with dyno jet products,we always tune the bikes with data loggers not dynos and the kit ecu set up always proves to be better.ive seen a/f ratios go from 12:7 to 11:5 on back to back runs with dyno jet stuff,again this is in the real world.you ever run a bud and walk him one day then next he is next to or in front of you?i hold the pc3,ign module responsible.sure he or you may have missed a shift or shifted to late or early but i dont know what else to say the kit is in a league of its own when compared to the pc3.if attack kawasaki would have made more power with the dynojet products then they would have used them but thr didnt instead they went with the kit ecu.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
But 90% of AMA Privateers and almost all AFM,WERA and every other racing organization run dynojet product. Don't get me wrong the Kit ECU is awesome but really not for street use. So you say you tune using data loggers not dynos right? How do you know what A\F ratio is optimal for your bike?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I won a brand new one on Ebay for 400 bucks. I got the harness for 150, and 15 bucks to ship it all. That totals out to $565.00, which is almost what I'd have in a PC and ignition module anyway. At that cost I don't think I could pass it up. You say you don't think it is really meant for the street though? I am curious to what you mean. And I'm not being argumentative in any way, I just don't know what you mean.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm saying its a bit overkill for the street. You got a hell of a deal on the stuff so why not go with the kit stuff. As far as tuning the race ecu take it to a professional. Its nothing like the Dynojet stuff. Especially when messing with the ignition timing. Mis tuning A\F ratio can lead to running sh*tty but mistuning ignition timing can cause motor failure. Just a thought though. As far as tuning with a data logger BS that only helps with temp changes and elevation changes. You still need to get it to a dyno for a optimal base map. You then use the data logger to fine tune the map to meet the track conditions. As far as using a data logger to tune from scratch don't even think about it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the ECU in the mail today. Does anyone know what its set to at the factory? I mean...is it set at the stock Kawasaki settings until you adjust it yourself, or does it have to have a custom map made for it directly upon installation before riding the bike?

·
Registered
475 Posts
well we use a data logger to see how long it takes us to cover 9/10 of a mile down here,so the quicker and faster we arrive the more power we make.oh yeah we use a gps too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The kit ECU comes set at ZERO's in all the cells. It's up to you to map the bike.
Once you install the software and figure it out, you'll see it.
Thanks. I didn't get any software with it. All I got was the ECU and the harness. I was told most tuners would have what they needed to map it. Hope thats true and I dont have to spend more money just to use it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
When you say harness, do you mean the programming cable, with the serial connector, or the do you mean the adapter cable to use it with a stock wiring harness? Because the programming cable is verrrry expensive- $577. I just bought one, and I'm storing it in a safe deposit box.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks. I didn't get any software with it. All I got was the ECU and the harness. I was told most tuners would have what they needed to map it. Hope thats true and I dont have to spend more money just to use it.
Unfortunately, most tuners don't know how to map it. You are correct in assuming that if they DO know how, they should have both the software,and the cable

1 - 20 of 40 Posts