Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,982 Posts
For those people not familiar with the race kit ECU that Kawasaki sells, it's pretty much the most advanced ECU that you can put on the bike. It gives you access to change pretty much everything on the bike. It's a great piece of equipment!

That being said, it does NOT work with a street bike and will NOT swap out with the stock ECU on the bike. It usually requires a dedicated wire loom to be installed with it to make it work properly. And that will delete the sidestand safety switch and all the lights (brake, headlights, taillights, turns, etc). There is no connection points in the race loom and the race ECU doesn't talk to those things. Add to that and you need the Kawi programming utility to customize the software. So anyone thinking this will work on their street bike is wrong. This is for someone who knows what they're doing and needs it for a Race bike!

If that's the case, then the price is good to go! GLWS!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Y really don't know what to get any advice?
I will buy yours if it the correct part for my bike
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
My Woolich box fits your bike.. all you need is the harness and bin file. The race ecu is really for racing only and you need the race harness and it deletes everything to make your bike street legal.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does fit the 2014 Zx10R?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
No it does not, it's for the 3rd Gen ZX as stated above.

Why don't you just do the Woolich box... mine is still for sale
Thanks for the thread jack man :grin2: I am getting reply posts all the time and no buyer lol

For those people not familiar with the race kit ECU that Kawasaki sells, it's pretty much the most advanced ECU that you can put on the bike. It gives you access to change pretty much everything on the bike. It's a great piece of equipment!

That being said, it does NOT work with a street bike and will NOT swap out with the stock ECU on the bike. It usually requires a dedicated wire loom to be installed with it to make it work properly. And that will delete the sidestand safety switch and all the lights (brake, headlights, taillights, turns, etc). There is no connection points in the race loom and the race ECU doesn't talk to those things. Add to that and you need the Kawi programming utility to customize the software. So anyone thinking this will work on their street bike is wrong. This is for someone who knows what they're doing and needs it for a Race bike!

If that's the case, then the price is good to go! GLWS!

I am not 100% sure as far as I can recall the rear lights and headlights function without problem.
The side stand and the radiator fan do not.

If someone interested in the race ecu, here is a subharness for it, would make it for an easy swap.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...m1c2b021a72:m:mo7fYmabfST-p_psyICW5YQ&vxp=mtr
Τhanks for that thundercoupe9, I don't have the subharness my friend mr. Balogiannis hooked me up and modified the stock harness. :smile2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts