Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news for the street riders. The race ecu and harness do not have support for the following:

Ignition key
Lights, of any kind
Radiator fan
Kickstand switch (bummer, I know)

The good news. All power modes and traction control are changeable on the fly as you ride. No limitations:badteeth:

So, if you have a street bike it looks like a re-flash is the only way to go to eliminate all the restrictions.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, you must use Superbike harness and fuel pump relay assy.

I'm sure you'll figure out how to make it work on a standard harness though.:badteeth:

The plugs are the same.

Also, race ECU turns the 3 power modes into 3 seperate "channels" if you will, so you can have 3 maps loaded in the ECU. 1 for pump gas, 1 for race gas, 1 for going slow in the rain ect. All switchable on the handlebars with fuel maps and ignition maps completely seperate from each other. Cool shit!!!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I got ya..... so what happens if you plug in the ECU to the stock harness, does the bike turn on but no fuel pump kick on?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know. I didn't have the balls to try it. I just installed everything last nite and got 5 hours of sleep:badteeth: Off to the dyno right now.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hahah nice... keep us posted on how healthy she is.

from what I have seen online here the race kit ECU on the stock harness wont let your fuel pump turn on so others have had to make a relay for it. lol.....

Hey since you have a Race ECU i dont know if I extended the offer to you but I can have the stock "0" map read out to see what actual timing numbers are inside it.

Let me know if your interested in all.

Would be nice to know if kawi is putting timing back into the Race ECU or if they have the same map as the stock bike. The stock ECU maxes out at 34* at 7k rpms and then they taper off timing all the way down to 26* at max rpm's

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Interesting....when I had the Race ECU on my '08...it supported the lights and ignition key, just didn't support the kickstand switch and radiator fan....manual fan switch...

·
Registered
60 Posts
08 race ecu has +5 deg -10 deg ign adjustment on each cyl, ours does not have multiple maps, it does have stutter mode pit, and traction off and on. you can adj traction in the program we haven't got much out of it like a big old flywheel. is the 2010 box different ? does it use the same program cable?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
08 race ecu has +5 deg -10 deg ign adjustment on each cyl, ours does not have multiple maps, it does have stutter mode pit, and traction off and on. you can adj traction in the program we haven't got much out of it like a big old flywheel. is the 2010 box different ? does it use the same program cable?
I believe the 2011 uses a USB cable instead of the serial cable that we have on previous gens ....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, we made more power but ran into some software problems. The over rev function isn't working and we got inconsistent readings for red line and the limiter kicks in at 12,700. The biggest problem though is midrange, and putting the secondaries back in looks like to be the correct remedy. We're not done yet.:eyecrazy:

I have been told that the zero map in the kit ecu is the same as the euro map.

The 2011 ecu is different, however the same programming cable that we have been using works with this new ECU.:wink: If you have a serial cable (like mine) you just buy a $12 USB adapter cord.

We tried putting more timing in it, but got nothing out of it. It's fast enough to race next weekend and fast enough to win. The dumb rider just needs to do everything right.:badteeth:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The rev limiter on Race Ecu (Gen 4 2011) is 13500 and you can extend it +300 / -1000. (I don´t find anybody to change it). Only PIASINI, but I don´t recommend it.........
The timing is the same like Gen 3. I had both.
If you want street use; you can add the OEM harness for lights, etc etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts