Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
:thumbsup: good find Ripped

i got one already, just waiting to get to the install this winter.

i got too many projects waiting in the wings:rolleyes:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Average pick up installing the cam and a thinner head gasket after a tune??

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
DAMN CHRISTMAS TIME!!! I'd for sure scoop one of these suckers up!!!

Great find ripped....

These with a thin gasket have shown I think in the 8-10hp range depending on how generous the dyno is.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
now where do i get the thin gasket?? and the ti valve springs and retainlers

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you should have posted this in the for sale section! If I have the cash and they are still avail after next week I'ma get one :) will make a nice addition to the head work I just did!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
i checked around i had no luck
do you have the links garth sorry to be a pain

·
Registered
819 Posts
Carpenter springs are ok, but if you want the ultimate setup get with Dwayne at Cycle Concepts. He is a site sponsor and can get you good double springs with ti retainers:thumbsup:

The problem with carpenter springs is that they are heavy seat pressure singles and most times they do not all have the same seat pressure.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I dont understand cams so could anyone tell me why you only change the intake cam and not the exhaust cam?

What if you changed both intake and exhaust cams for race one what would be the effect?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
the race exhaust cam doesnt make any power on the bikes with stock pistons and inturnals and such. I tried them myself and I lost 7hp right off the bat with BOTH race cams.... I even modified a intake to work on the exhaust side and saw maybe .5hp increase... so far the best bang for the buck set up has been a race intake with a stock exhaust

·
Registered
286 Posts
the race exhaust cam doesnt make any power on the bikes with stock pistons and inturnals and such. I tried them myself and I lost 7hp right off the bat with BOTH race cams.... I even modified a intake to work on the exhaust side and saw maybe .5hp increase... so far the best bang for the buck set up has been a race intake with a stock exhaust
Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts