Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just installed kit ecu, race cams, head gasket, degree, MR12... 191hp

same dyno, my bike, stock degreed cams, hg and regular pump 189. flash map.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
191, that's better than some i've seen with same mods. put stk ex. cam back at 108, degree int at 110, make sure no advanced timing on mr12, stk to -1 degree best with this fuel, fresh date mr12 tuned to 13.0. these motors can gain/lose 10 hp within 2 degrees cam timing. seen this first hand, same dyno verified.

·
Registered
18 Posts
191, that's better than some i've seen with same mods. put stk ex. cam back at 108, degree int at 110, make sure no advanced timing on mr12, stk to -1 degree best with this fuel, fresh date mr12 tuned to 13.0. these motors can gain/lose 10 hp within 2 degrees cam timing. seen this first hand, same dyno verified.
On a gen4 your saying there is power to be gained by degreeing the stock cams?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he spent all that money to gain just 3hp....

a stock bone, one I tuned turned to 182hp, slip on only... so his 192, is like 5hp more if if we take into account that the fuel must be giving him like 6hp.

not worth the money he spent.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gazx10.... he tunes with another guy.

some people just want to spend money, and find tuners that believe more is better, bigger is better.

they told me that the race ECU is faster than the stock ECU.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driver, if you take the time to take the engine off, put a thinner HG, and degree the stock cams...or race intake

there is to be gained, GAZX10 has lots of experience...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anybody have cam numbers that increase the Mid/Low end on this engine. I run one in a 1000 lb car and Have not quite got it dialed in. I started with 108/108 with really no gain, Dyno at 176, and slightly lean. I put exhaust back to stock and left intake at 108. It is alot better than stock or 108/108, but still not working as good as my Gen1 and Gen2 had been.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
cam numbers that increase the Mid/Low end on this engine.
Maybe you already have best numbers. Gen4 cam durations and large intake ports make it weaker than Honda or Suzuki at low/mid revs. Exhaust with long seconday pipes (like Graves full exhaust) should improve midrange.

·
Registered
718 Posts
What do the 4th gen bikes like as far as cam timing?

Im also curious about spark timing on an average bolt on bike...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
if ur gonna stick with that gen 4 engine in a 1000 lb car carlos is right about longer headpipes. also would deck that head right to the 45 degree valve seat along with thin hg for more power/torque everywhere. that's about a .025-.030 deck but torque will come in earlier/harder and hold on at a higher level farther out in the powerband to pull harder off corners or thru gear changes. throttle position mr12 tune will add 10+ hp in the midrange and 8 up top everytime we tune with it.conventional tightening of lobe centers to boost low/midrange has not worked for me at all with race cams or gen 4. my engines make more mid and high power at higher centerline on int. than ur running. guys called me with a gen 4 with milled head/.018 hg sitting on dyno dissapointed. cams 108/108, suggested 2 degrees to 110 on int netted 10 more hp. these tweaks will make a significant difference i feel with the weight ur pulling. possible to gear this car where u can better use the gen 4 powerband, as in scream it? earlier gen may be better design for what ur doing. i make 115 hp at 7k on the gen 2, gen 4 usually closer to 75 or so. 40 hp diff. torque on the 07 is 87 ft. lbs, most gen 4's mid/upper 70's. torque is ur pulling power, what a 1k lb package needs most.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Does anybody have cam numbers that increase the Mid/Low end on this engine. I run one in a 1000 lb car and Have not quite got it dialed in. I started with 108/108 with really no gain, Dyno at 176, and slightly lean. I put exhaust back to stock and left intake at 108. It is alot better than stock or 108/108, but still not working as good as my Gen1 and Gen2 had been.
Will you post a pic?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the advice. We have to run Pump gas, so how much compression can you add using Pump gas? Hopefully I will get some more dyno time this winter. Probably will switch to a tri-y collector, and maybe do a stepped header starting with a smaller primary.

Here is a video link on the dyno.

https://goo.gl/photos/A5oKZenFuLnVakJbA

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts