Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having possibility to look at Gen4 race intake cam?
I need to know what is the identification marking on it (casted numbers/letters at sprocket end). Is there a paint dot too?
Seller sent me wrong item and I need to give him instruction to check for correct item.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Anyone having possibility to look at Gen4 race intake cam?
I need to know what is the identification marking on it (casted numbers/letters at sprocket end). Is there a paint dot too?
Seller sent me wrong item and I need to give him instruction to check for correct item.
I can help out, I'll try and remember to look when I get home later today.
And ouch... Wrong item and shipped to Germany!! That's an expensive screw up on sellers part.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
No paint marks or anything that I noticed between the 2 cams.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
never seen any stamp/mark/numbers/etching on any gen race cam to identify them as kit cams from the std. cams. exact same markings. last race cam i installed was purchased as a gen 3 race int. by customer for me to install in a gen 1. with identical lifts, turned out gen 1 race int. indicated by increased duration in degreeing process, gen 3 [email protected], gen 1 [email protected] duration. not gonna look at that gen 4 as patrick said and determine it to be race from stk. visually, only dial indicator/degree wheel can verify authentic. good luck carlos.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
when I had a gixxer, I had a chart and one day started making them up.... the lift was the diference really... from one another.
yoshimura of course where shinny

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks members for good info.
I was sure that I received a std exhaust cam, but like gazx10 said, visually there is no difference. So did measure it with dial indicator and indeed, race cam it is! Unfortunatley not intake first place.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That is nice....

unfortunetly, I cannot use race cams, my gasoline does not allow me to go more than a 0.5mm hg for more compression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts