Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently race an '08 10R which is a blast to ride, but would prefer more mid-range torque.
I'm building an '09 with +3mm JE pistons and my question is.....
"Will the added duration of the kit cams aid in my quest for mid-range torque?"

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
it will probably add alittle midrange. i think that cam is for upper mid range and more top end. im waiting for my stock cams to come back from BSD performance in the UK. they did a custom grind specifically for more mid-range power for me. i would probably go with a custom set-up as well for your mods.
I currently race an '08 10R which is a blast to ride, but would prefer more mid-range torque.

·
Registered
874 Posts
it will probably add alittle midrange. i think that cam is for upper mid range and more top end. im waiting for my stock cams to come back from BSD performance in the UK. they did a custom grind specifically for more mid-range power for me. i would probably go with a custom set-up as well for your mods.
How much did that run you?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
the cam profile(overall lift/duration, opening/closing rate,etc) is the biggest factor in the overall performance of the cams..a cam that is built for mid range power will yield just that...and the location of your lobe centers(degree numbers) will play a big part in where the cams will allow the engine to make power..hope this helps you..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Care to share your numbers..?
I'll send mine to the UK immediately!

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,130 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts