Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From those racer/track day guys out there that run race glass, what brands have you used (fitted, painted, crashed, etc) and what can you share about your experience?

I would like something that doesn't fit terribly (which I hear Hot Bodies has a tendancy to do), something that doesn't explode in a minor set down, comes primed and paints real well - and of course, something less expensive than stock plastic. :p

I will be looking at these manufacturers:
-AK Composite
-Shark Skinz
-Hot Bodies
-OPP Racing

Any feedback or additional distributors/brands would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Shark Skinz, AK Composite, and Opp Racing are all good quaility. I would not touch Hot Bodies. I've seen some really bad race bodywork from them.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I used Sibimoto's i got from www.oppracing.com for my ZX9R

Crash tested 2x's 1 low side and 1 highside. Held up well. I got the fiberglass and not the carbon planning on some oopses.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The OPP stuff looks really good.

Champ91- how well did the OPP fit- how was the fit & finish on the fiberglass.....did u buy it with headlight cutout?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The pic in my avitar is my '97 ZX9R with the OPP skins. Yes I paid extra for the Halogen Headlights and the cut outs. Very sweet setup. 4 screws to adjust the lights like a car. In and out easy for track days. Fit and finish were excellent. They are not pre drilled for stock locations. BUT all stock hole locations were located for you to drill out. Universal Step bits are your friend. :D

I would recommend and bu from them again. Only prob I had was long delivery as my bike was a couple years old and they had to wait for the manufacturer to get out the old molds. My Brothers F4 delivered pretty quick. New bike and in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts