Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up a 07 R1 for my birthday, JUICEBOX and I went out the other day even though it was cold to test the new chummon out. JUICEBOX and I took off up I-20 and then preceeded to I-459 when we began racing from a 2nd gear roll on. I was actually surprised on how the R1 kept up with the 10R i figured the 10 would walk on me. When i looked down we were running a 174mph and were dead even. The R1 I picked up is modded well but has anyone on a 10 ran a stock R1?? If so how did they compare??

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
:headshake racing on the streets.... just kidding... what mods are dont to the R1.. have you posted pics???

·
Registered
860 Posts
Those 07-08 R1's are no joke. I had one put down within 1 peak horsepower as me on the same dyno w/ similar mods. They just aren't the best for drag racing because of their clutches and lack of aftermarket parts. Congrats Man I love those bikes. If it wasn't for my main focus being drag racing I might have ended up on one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I hear ya I wasnt sure where to post it im still a squid not to swift on the forum stuff... I dont have to many good pics but here is one. As far as mods go it has graves exhaust, power commander, ignition module, gilles rearsets, and some other minor stuff. This is the best picture i have so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
juicebox im pretty sure has the m4 gp exhaust...be thankful he does....then you wouldnt be liking your R1 so much:)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice bike Neo, what is motorcycling like in the Matrix?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
JK bike looks about as good as a Yamaha can. That's a pretty decked out bike, I could definitely see it hanging with a less-modded 10arg.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JUICEBOX and I actually ruined a M4 GP exhaust trying to remove the baffle.. It was soon after about 2 cases of beer. That was a few hundred dollar mistake!!!

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
friend of mine had a 01 or 02 R1 with a Graves exhaust system and it sounded mean... love the way it sounded....

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bad ass man, i like the look of those R1's, especially with the solo cowl that you have on there.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That exhaust sounds absolutely phenominal, I was definately suprised. The R1 definately has some pep in it's step and is a beautiful bike. But the 10r is the shit. Racing part was done on a closed course.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
By the way the bike in your avatar isn't your anymore, put one of the 3 others in there. J/k

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i would ride it. but, i have a minty fresh green 08!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
i have raced a couple stock and modded 07/08 r1's and they never kept up when my bike was stock...now i doubt it

depends a lot on gearing,weight,mods

me being 135 pounds, can change my gearing for what ever and have mods theres a slim chance a r1 is running nexted to me...i have yet to be beat by a r1 from the dig or roll on...and theres a lot fast bikes around me too....just down here most see the zx10r's roll up and say were good!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
My 10 has to carry around 220 lbs, plus vamafia knows how to ride extremely well which helps alot. He didn't tell the part that from a second gear roll he smoked me , from a third gear roll we stayed right next to each other.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was the only one around that rode kawasaki's im still kawasaki till i die. But after riding this R1 it has some traits that are better than the 10 but the 10 has traits that are better than the R1. I never had anyone challenge me on the 10 but i was a better rider than all of the people around me. The biggest difference that i see between the two is that the 10 seems like it never runs out of power. I will always love kawasaki's and the 08 10 that i previously owned but it was just time to try something different.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^I agree sat and rode some r1's and there power band is wierd, nothing before 9000 then you hit it and it flies. the 10 pulls from like 5500 tell peak...But hey i agree they both have some good and bad, just yamaha has more bad in my eyes...Either way enjoy the bike...

ps skill goes a long way, cause most if not anything here on the street is microscopic in compassionate when matching up two 1000's to race....weight and mods and skill

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
^^^I agree sat and rode some r1's and there power band is wierd, nothing before 9000 then you hit it and it flies. the 10 pulls from like 5500 tell peak...But hey i agree they both have some good and bad, just yamaha has more bad in my eyes...Either way enjoy the bike...

ps skill goes a long way, cause most if not anything here on the street is microscopic in compassionate when matching up two 1000's to race....weight and mods and skill
Good point - if Juicebox wasn't such a fatass :)crackup:) the 10 would pull the R1 - I have ridden both with the same mods.
This is one of the primary reasons I won't straightline someone - I've got 15 pounds or so on Juice and you never know the gearing on the guy beside you. For example I have:
16/41, 17/41, 16/42, 17/42, 16/44, 17/44 - dependant on what is on there has a tremendous impact on pull.
abprep07 - you have a huge advantange on almost everyone, what was it like when you rode SeaBiscuit? (jk :thefinger)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts