Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the 04-06 R1 master is a) radial b) will fit an 05 zx10r. i bought a 636 master off somebody, turns out its a 04 model, so its the same damn thing as mine. hes got an 05 r1 master he said he'd swap me for, so i might do that if its radial. thanks guys.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
anyone know if the 04-06 R1 master is a) radial b) will fit an 05 zx10r. i bought a 636 master off somebody, turns out its a 04 model, so its the same damn thing as mine. hes got an 05 r1 master he said he'd swap me for, so i might do that if its radial. thanks guys.
a) yes http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx << proceed to parts catalog >>
b) not sure...........the clip-on diameter is most likely the same but once mounted with lines etc is where fitment issues may arise in terms of clearance when rotating lock to lock with instru, ram-air tube, bodywork etc.

BD

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
As far as fitment goes....

I used a 05 GSXR1000 radial master along with 636 stainles steel lines and worked out good....

Assuming the Yamaha's is the same size fitting the 636 lines should work, by the looks of the parts fiche the postioning looks to be the same as mine....

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does work. You just need the lines also. It works very well I must say, as I am running this set up.
thanks man. it looks lke i will be running 05 r1 master and calipers by next week, so i'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r1 master and 04-06 cbr1000 calipers. i dont think r1 calipers will fit.
i guess i'll find out!!! they are supposed to be bitchin because they are a monoblock design, so we'll see. got em really cheap, so if they dont work they'll hit ebay!

·
Registered
567 Posts
the r1 calipers will fit you just have to grind off the short sleeve that is sticking out of the mounting spots. the r1 forks have a groove that the sleeve fits in. another person on here mounted up some r1 calipers and cut those sleeves off and i believe he got them on without any real problems. should be an improvement on stopping power. i like my r1 master cylinder just need better brake pads. i went with superbike lines for the 636 on mine because i still had the stock calipers and a radial master cylinder just like on the 636. you will need r1 lines or aftermarket lines to match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts