Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i know its the rival s1000rr but if i were to put a quickshifter on my 09 zx10r would it have that backfire after every shift? does anyone know?

·
Registered
813 Posts
My '07 certainly doesn't ...

Cheers,
Brian

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
That is the sound of the tranny getting smacked....

Just kidding, I don't bash on the beemers.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
On my 06, you can definatley here the quickshifter cut the ignition, souds like that, maybe not so exagerated, I may have to make a video if it warms up. Souds cool, and that bike sounds so awesome at full song with the Beet pipes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my 06, you can definatley here the quickshifter cut the ignition, souds like that, maybe not so exagerated, I may have to make a video if it warms up. Souds cool, and that bike sounds so awesome at full song with the Beet pipes.
i just order a quickshifter and i didnt know if it was like a bmw thing to make that sound so now that i know ur 10 does it i cant wait till spring to see if mine will.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My 06 does not pop like that. I guess if your bike was running really rich then yes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
There are 2 different types of quick shifters, those which cut ignition but not fuel, and those which cut fuel and then it's irrelevant whether they cut ignition or not. If you have a quickshifter based on a Power Commander IIIUSB and you don't have the extra "hub" and ignition modules (i.e. a typical PCIIIusb installation on an older model), it's working by cutting fuel because it has no way of cutting ignition, and it shouldn't make that pop from the exhaust. If it's cutting ignition only, but fuel delivery continues, the unburned raw fuel and air into the exhaust will make a loud pop.

I'm rather surprised in this emission-regulated world that the BMW is throwing raw air and fuel down the pipe (it's bad for catalytic converters) but, evidently, that's what they are doing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There are 2 different types of quick shifters, those which cut ignition but not fuel, and those which cut fuel and then it's irrelevant whether they cut ignition or not. If you have a quickshifter based on a Power Commander IIIUSB and you don't have the extra "hub" and ignition modules (i.e. a typical PCIIIusb installation on an older model), it's working by cutting fuel because it has no way of cutting ignition, and it shouldn't make that pop from the exhaust. If it's cutting ignition only, but fuel delivery continues, the unburned raw fuel and air into the exhaust will make a loud pop.

I'm rather surprised in this emission-regulated world that the BMW is throwing raw air and fuel down the pipe(it's bad for catalytic converters) but, evidently, that's what they are doing.
:crackup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'm rather surprised in this emission-regulated world that the BMW is throwing raw air and fuel down the pipe (it's bad for catalytic converters) but, evidently, that's what they are doing.
thanks for the imput. i just ordered the quickshifter for the pcv and the expansion moduel hooks up to the top injectors so i would imagine it cuts the fuel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My mates K6 GSXR1000 makes that sound too so yours could I guess.
It does sound mean though
thanks we will find out this spring:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts