Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 zx10r with pcv quickshifter and expansion module. I checked all my connections and I can't get the quickshifter to work. I set up the rpm and Ms already also I called dynojet and they weren't very helpful. When ever Im on the gas and try to shift it wont cut the motor at all and the shifter wont even budge i don't know if they sent me a bad sensor or what. So I was just wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you use the software to turn the shifter on?
Yea.I set it to engage at 6k rpms to test it and I kept the 65 ms. When I talked to dynojet I asked them about software and they told me the pcv already has it and u don't need new software.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yea.I set it to engage at 6k rpms to test it and I kept the 65 ms. When I talked to dynojet I asked them about software and they told me the pcv already has it and u don't need new software.

Are you using the appropriate sensor for the PC-V or maybe an older version (like for the PC-III) ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you using the appropriate sensor for the PC-V or maybe an older version (like for the PC-III) ?
I honestly don't know. I didn't know there was different ones for the 2 pcs. From my knowledge I thought u just need the sensor and expansion module.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I honestly don't know. I didn't know there was different ones for the 2 pcs. From my knowledge I thought u just need the sensor and expansion module.

Actually the sensors are the exact opposite... You need a normally close sensor for the quickshifter to work on the PC-V. The PC-III sensors ( and almost all the other sensors out there ) are normally open....

If you have a multimeter set it to continuity test or Ohms... If you connect the 2 wires from the quickshifter it should buzz or show 0 ( zero Ohms)...When you press the sensor the buzz should stop and the multimeter should show infinity ( usually displayed as 1. )

That's how a normally closed sensor should work,QEM will only work this type of sensor...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually the sensors are the exact opposite... You need a normally close sensor for the quickshifter to work on the PC-V. The PC-III sensors ( and almost all the other sensors out there ) are normally open....

If you have a multimeter set it to continuity test or Ohms... If you connect the 2 wires from the quickshifter it should buzz or show 0 ( zero Ohms)...When you press the sensor the buzz should stop and the multimeter should show infinity ( usually displayed as 1. )

That's how a normally closed sensor should work,QEM will only work this type of sensor...
Ok thanks ill have to check

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also make sure you have the latest firmware in ur pcv...
Where would check to see if I have the latest and where can I get the latest firmware. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also make sure you have the latest firmware in ur pcv...
so i updated to 1.3.3 then i tried updating my firmware to 1.4. i hooked up the usb to the pcv then went to update firmware selected 1.4 then there was an eror now my bike dosent even start:BangHead: i tried updating it again and it was sucessfull but the bike dosent start. now i have to wait until monday to call dynojet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts