Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the preferred favorites for quick shifters? Im not happy with the stock quick shifter and the control I have over it (I have Woolich). At no point can i get smooth/fast shifts for WOT racing applications. So Im just going to replace the shifter with an aftermarket one. Right now Im traveling back and forth between the Bazzaz QS4 and Translogic shifter.

Anyone have experience with either shifter?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,721 Posts
Woolich.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Starlane IONIC NRG quickshifter,a little high in $ but quality all round!I find it a little strange that your not real happy with Woolich set up!I haven't seen to many complaints with them maybe Archer could chime in and I'm sure his knowledge is second to none regarding the Woolich product!Im not insinuating your doing something wrong so don't take my comments the wrong way!Skygod isn't to shabby when your looking for advice or help

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you have woolich software and want shorter time than 200ms for shifting, you need to replace shifter switch from OEM to woolich

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the factory quick shifter is NOT quick. Its very slow and lazy. It should be smooth and fast. I havent found a single setting in Woolich that makes it run smooth. You shouldnt be able to clutch shift faster than the quick shifter. Ive inquired about the woolich quick shifter they sell but cant seem to get any real info on it. Does it come with separate software to control it? I dont understand how so many people can be ok with the under performing of the factory shifter. Which is why im resorting to aftermarket shifters

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have woolich software and want shorter time than 200ms for shifting, you need to replace shifter switch from OEM to woolich
Do you have any info to back that up? Not saying youre wrong. But what is it about the stock shifter that is incapable of working under 200ms? Because 200ms is very slow in the quickshifter world. Normally quickshifters come in working in the 50-60ms range.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you have any info to back that up? Not saying youre wrong. But what is it about the stock shifter that is incapable of working under 200ms? Because 200ms is very slow in the quickshifter world. Normally quickshifters come in working in the 50-60ms range.
No info to back it up, but when I ask woolich, they said their switch works better than OEM . on OEM looks like it just doesn't work but the other switch works with less time. Ask ZX10Archer. I may be wrong. it may have something to do with strain gage switch.

·
Registered
450 Posts
After more research on QS and update to woolich software. i find out that to reduce kill shift time the numbers need to get bigger in the software, for now, that may change in future updates but for now by increasing the numbers in Advanced section you lower the kill time for upshift. So I did some experiment this morning and set the kill times for Gear 1:250 Gear 2:275 Gear3 300 gear 4 325 Gear 5 350. which works well for me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had my bike tuned this passed weekend. My tuner cut times on the oem QS but it still not as good as an aftermarket QS. Im going to order a QS4 in a couple of months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The OEM sensor is a POS. Obviously working with who I work with, I naturally run the upgraded sensor. To give you some feedback as to why the upgraded sensor is offered, we need to go back a bit to last year.

Three, high level professional racers we sponsor were having issues with the bike detecting shifts in the upper RPMs and upper gears. Once I thawed out locally, I was able to backup their claims as well as adding in my own experiences where some of the more tricky areas of the track I was on where I would have to get from 5th/6th down to 1st the sensor and finding out the sensor could not keep up on the auto blip. So we tried a new, upgraded sensor, sent those prototype kits out to them for testing and it worked leaps better. Things went into mass production and I started stocking them stateside. I then put one on my bike, way better responsiveness and functions 10x better. Absolutely no comparison. This is also without any adjustments to times/etc.

Now when it comes to the kill time, if you're using WRT, don't look at the 200 as "200 msec". That is just the base value the ECU operates at. There is no scalar values in the software so until we do the scaling manually and can differentiate between what the timing difference is between say 200 and 199 is, then you'll have to play with the adjustments. Additionally, as Chiffee noted, the way the ECU works the values are OPPOSITE of what you would think; you need to INCREASE the value to DECREASE the kill time. This is all going to change in the race package that is being worked on now. So when that comes out before race season, you will have a more robust and proper race tools adjustments instead of the raw ECU values you have now in the software. You will have upshift kill times in msec per gear, by RPM and by TPS, upshift sensitivity adjustment, upshift delay, minimum RPM activation. In addition to that you'll have enhancements and additions to the current auto blipper software. Configurable launch control and adjustable pit limiter will also be going in. This is all in addition to the wheelie, corner management and TC stuff being added.
We actually chatted VIA email but appreciate the feedback in here too. I look forward to all of this coming. I mostly straight line race so short kill times are huge to me. This looking to be released before April?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting info all, I too am keen to change the OEM QS, I have the WRT tune and I'm finding on the OEM QS (sometimes) on hard throttle shifting into 3rd from 2nd and into 4th from 3rd that the stock QS doesnt allow the gear change.. rather off putting especially when you are expecting a gear change...

@ZX10RArcher what sensor do you guys offer and is it a straight swap? and what are your thoughts on the Woolich QS kits?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a chance to test out "230" settings for the QS. Its a solid baseline for anyone who wants to do some immediate (before the update is released) QS tuning. It could still be a little faster but now it is atleast smooth. Its comparable to a production BMW shifter now. However Im going to wait till the update is out so i have a real way of adjusting it without guessing. 230 is much much better than stock calibration.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts