1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone may be able to help

Quickshifter is a Translogic Intellishift
Bike is a 2013 Zx10r

Had it on my bike since January with no issues, went out today no issues, then parked up took a couple of pics had a natter and set back off, but when i went to shift up the gear lever was solid, tried and tried but nothing, pulled the clutch in and it shifts as normal, pulled over (thinking sometimes you get a glitch so start again)

Same thing for the rest of the day, ive lost the ability to quickshift, now the only way to change gear is to engage the clutch by hand each shift up....

any ideas??:confused:

Cheers

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your quickshifter has failed. :sad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Failed as in broken!, get a new one failed?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hopefully someone may be able to help

Quickshifter is a Translogic Intellishift
Bike is a 2013 Zx10r

Had it on my bike since January with no issues, went out today no issues, then parked up took a couple of pics had a natter and set back off, but when i went to shift up the gear lever was solid, tried and tried but nothing, pulled the clutch in and it shifts as normal, pulled over (thinking sometimes you get a glitch so start again)

Same thing for the rest of the day, ive lost the ability to quickshift, now the only way to change gear is to engage the clutch by hand each shift up....

any ideas??:confused:

Cheers
It may have gone into tuner mode if you held the clutch in and kept pressure on the shift lever for 3 or 4 seconds . Turn the ignition on and look at the unit and see if it is blinking

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a faint rapid blink almost like a constant flicker

its not a bright red blink more like a faint white rapid blink

I held clutch in and held the lever for 5 seconds then turned on the ignition but no change. Is that the sequence to play out to get it out of tuner mode? if it is in tuner mode that is...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could a fuse cause this does anyone know?.... and would that be located in the Module itself or in the wiring loom.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news its fixed....

I traced all the wiring tonight and re routed it all, whilst doing this i found a slight kink in part of it so made sure all was straight.

Once done started the bike up and on the stands ran it through the gears whilst checking the ecu light on the shifter as it was flicking in time with the bike, clutch 1st and up 2-3-4-5 without clutch and all working fine.

So my feeling is the kink in the wiring made this fault. Thanks for all your replies and advice it was appreciated. Il build her back up tomorrow.

We can close this now but least it can maybe help someone in the future if they get a similar issue.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Good news its fixed....

I traced all the wiring tonight and re routed it all, whilst doing this i found a slight kink in part of it so made sure all was straight.

Once done started the bike up and on the stands ran it through the gears whilst checking the ecu light on the shifter as it was flicking in time with the bike, clutch 1st and up 2-3-4-5 without clutch and all working fine.

So my feeling is the kink in the wiring made this fault. Thanks for all your replies and advice it was appreciated. Il build her back up tomorrow.

We can close this now but least it can maybe help someone in the future if they get a similar issue.
Most bikes will do that on the "rear stand" without a Quick Shifter, but hopefully it works when your out on the highway.

Sounds like good job sorting it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The kink in the wire causing it to not work is a broken wire. It's still broken even though it's straight, you've just managed to get the broken end strands to connect. For now!! Strip the sleeve and get it soldered while you know exactly where the break is.
That's my advice for what it's worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts