Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have an 3rd gen ZX10 from '09 and in order to get the Quickshifter working you need to connect the QEM from dynojet to the throttle bodies.
See pic C from the installation instructions;

Can anyone help me who has installed this also, for me its unclear which color wire has to be connected to which trottle body?
Since the original Kawa ones all have the same colors, and the dynojet have all different colours.

Thansk a million.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
86 Posts
did u figure this out? if so can u tell me the right order they go bc im installing mine in acouple days. thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Instead of getting the qem you can get the secondary control module and also gain the ability to tune your upper 4 injectors...
i was looking at that too but its to late now the qem is on its way.either way i have a pretty good idea of what order they go in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i was looking at that too but its to late now the qem is on its way.either way i have a pretty good idea of what order they go in.
How did you figure this out? I am trying to install right now and I don't understand how I am supposed to know... Does anyone have advice on this?

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK, the only thing I can come up with is that it does not matter. If the QEM is only there to cut fuel in the upper injectors for the upshift, then it should be the same for all. If someone could verify this, that would be great...

·
Registered
86 Posts
How did you figure this out? I am trying to install right now and I don't understand how I am supposed to know... Does anyone have advice on this?
Well I looked at the order on the instructions bc their different colors on the upper injectors on the airbox. Idk if that helps

·
Registered
97 Posts
What's are y'all u confused about maybe I can help
Connecting the powercommander QEM to the secondary injectors. The instructions do not indicate an order to put them in yet the wires ob the QEM harness are color coded. The wires on the stock secondary injector harness are not color coded.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Connecting the powercommander QEM to the secondary injectors. The instructions do not indicate an order to put them in yet the wires ob the QEM harness are color coded. The wires on the stock secondary injector harness are not color coded.
I thought it goes to the upper injectors

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Take the harness stretch it out and that last plug goes the injector on the far right if you were to be sitting on the bike...

Run ur harness down the left side of your bike and use the first plug on the first injector on the left and work your way down to the end of the harness...You will end up on the injector on the far right side...

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry, that's what I meant.
I'm just looking at the picture and looking what order they did it in the instructions

·
Registered
97 Posts
Take the harness stretch it out and that last plug goes the injector on the far right if you were to be sitting on the bike...

Run ur harness down the left side of your bike and use the first plug on the first injector on the left and work your way down to the end of the harness...You will end up on the injector on the far right side...
Three of the splice in plugs on the QEM harness are connected with a jumper wire and one is not, does that matter?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm just looking at the picture and looking what order they did it in the instructions
I can't gather anything from the picture. My QEM harness doesn't even look like the one in the picture and they have the harness coming in from the right side in the picture as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can't gather anything from the picture. My QEM harness doesn't even look like the one in the picture and they have the harness coming in from the right side in the picture as well.
the pdf on the first page helps alot bc its in color and u can zoom in as much as u want.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Instead of getting the qem you can get the secondary control module and also gain the ability to tune your upper 4 injectors...

Nice to know, I have a PCV now...so all I need to have the quickshifter work is the secondary control module....and I'll be ablt to tune the upper injectors too, right..?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts