Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway you can adjust the sensibility or the timing of the OEM quickshifter? the reason that I am asking that because sometimes when I am going from 1st to 2nd or to 3rd gear i can feel a little lag between the shifts, is that normal or maybe the traction control is kick in to aggressive? Does anybody felt that?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't recommend using your quick shifter from 1st to 2nd. It's a long shift because you go through neutral. I would say that is what you are experiencing.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recommend using your quick shifter from 1st to 2nd. It's a long shift because you go through neutral. I would say that is what you are experiencing.

got it, I will check if i can feel exactly the same when I do 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, I feel this when I am doing shift with higher rpm

·
Registered
705 Posts
got it, I will check if i can feel exactly the same when I do 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, I feel this when I am doing shift with higher rpm
Also, your quick shifter is designed for near or full throttle shifts at high RPM. They tend to get clunky if this is not the case.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,101 Posts
Also, your quick shifter is designed for near or full throttle shifts at high RPM. They tend to get clunky if this is not the case.

I'll agree partially about the quick shifter being problematic between first and second but I have only had that happen at wot and waiting till almost bouncing off the rev limiter before shifting so it's possible the shift didn't actually initiate until right as the rev limit kicked in, either way that was one really nasty sounding false neutral. Never like to free rev my bike much above 4 or 5 k. Just too easy a way to destroy it..but the Quickshift setup from kawi was advertised to be able to be used all the way down to 2500 rpm, they set it this way from the factory so if it was only meant to function properly up high with the throttle wide open then why would they allow it to be operated as low as 2500rpm? The last thing they want is for a key selling point on thier bike being massively dysfunctional. It is absolutely rad that it is designed to be able to safely shift gears without the need to let off the throttle but it is also perfectly happy doing it at partial throttle and way lower in the rev range without trouble...if you read the manual you would see some retardedly low speed per gear to shift into, like I venture so far as to say the amount of engine lug would be very detrimental to the machine if one were to shift when the manual recommended...but keeping that in mind, they fully expected people to read that shit and some of them to abide by it ..those are mainly people that have no business on a liter bike in the first place or who would do just as well on a 3 or 400 but don't want a baby bike lol. Anyhow I would love to see some official documentation starting that the quick shifter was only designed to work at wot and at higher rpm. I keep reading people saying it but have yet to see something from kawi or don't recall it and I use mine for everything but neutral to first cause that just won't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts