Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo , so ive had a few bikes over the year ..03 Yamaha R1, 04 ZX10r , 05 ZX10R, 06 cbr100rr, 06 gsxr 1000, 07 gsxr 750 and this 07 zx10r and all of them exccept the R1 and 10r's I installed the yamaha R6 throttle tube for 1/5 turn .

question: everyone is getting the rifleman insert. I have no quarrums buying his insert but why is the throttle tube off the r6 even talked about. Does the rifleman give the zx10 a quicker / shorter throw ? Or does it just not work for the 10r ? Ive never tried to speeed up the 10r turn , cause my 04 scaared the shit outta me till i got used to it and the 05 had head work so i was in no hurry to flip it over ya feel me ....

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
The insert is a little plastic clip that goes around the tube and pulls up slack in the cable making the throttle position/turning radius shorter, hence the more aggressive throttle after! I'd just buy off him but I have and seen people make this same mod out of a zip tie......

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The insert is a little plastic clip that goes around the tube and pulls up slack in the cable making the throttle position/turning radius shorter, hence the more aggressive throttle after! I'd just buy off him but I have and seen people make this same mod out of a zip tie......
zip tie .. really ... cutting it and glue it to tube .. ahhhh i emailed rifleman .. ill just buy the right stuff .... dont like jimmy rigs too much

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I have an r6 throttle tube, just gotta get around to trying it on my gen2. zpicked it up at ronayers.com. I believe its a quicker turn than the 1/5th insert.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an r6 throttle tube, just gotta get around to trying it on my gen2. zpicked it up at ronayers.com. I believe its a quicker turn than the 1/5th insert.
thats what i thought too .. i put it on my 1000rr and holy crap ... if i wanted to ride wheelies it was a throttle blip .. but i think ill just get the insert this time ... so i dont have to change my grips again i just bought em .... and honestly its finally spring and shinin here and i am freakin fed up with working on the ride

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
thats what i thought too .. i put it on my 1000rr and holy crap ... if i wanted to ride wheelies it was a throttle blip .. but i think ill just get the insert this time ... so i dont have to change my grips again i just bought em .... and honestly its finally spring and shinin here and i am freakin fed up with working on the ride
I hear you on that. I'm supposed to get retuned Tuesday for the Comp werkes exhaust I put on over winter. Gonna rain this Sunday here so I am going to try installing the R6 tube then. Hopefully it works on the 10R like it does on the Zuks and Yamis. I'll post up after I try it out.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
I'm running the kit throttle and it's mint. Only problem is the price.
The MotionPro Revolver kit is adjustable and also includes cables, tube, and 4 different sized inserts to suit various uses like street, road track, drag and insanely quick 1/4 turn. Cheaper than the "KIT" by a few hundred dollars. Costs under $200 for the Revolver kit from MotionPro. Really slick and customizable.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The MotionPro Revolver kit is adjustable and also includes cables, tube, and 4 different sized inserts to suit various uses like street, road track, drag and insanely quick 1/4 turn. Cheaper than the "KIT" by a few hundred dollars. Costs under $200 for the Revolver kit from MotionPro. Really slick and customizable.
ive never seen em .. but holy crap 1/4 turn .. your bike better be tuned for that or ter gonna flood out

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I believe the 10r comes with a 1/4 turn throttle. Riflemans is a 1/5 and the kit throttle is a 1/6. 1/6 isn't hard to use at all but does depend on how you use your throttle hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts