Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my speedohealer v4 and it all went well. But, I noticed a wire that installs to the unit, with a red button on the end. I routed this up to the dash because I was thinking it must be something that needs to be pushed for some reason... What does this button do? Thanks!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
It's the top speed recall button. Placing it near the dash is perfect. If you don't ever want to see the highest speed reading, then it doesn't need to be installed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh. Cool. I'll have to try it out. So for example if I start it up and go to work, when I get to work, I can park the bike throw it in neutral, and push this button and the speedo will go from 0 to 60 or whatever? If I shut the bike off, and turn it back on does this speed reset? Just curious... thanks for the info.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
^^^ Yes, in your example it would show 60mph for 2-3 secs before returning to normal. It will just hold the highest speed recorded until you erase it by holding the button for a few seconds.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you can even push the button at speed, and it will show your max speed and like sky dork said 2-3 seconds later it goes back to your current speed. I had mine zip tied to my fork and it really worked out great there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
nice to know, but i probably won't install the button on mine when i get it. won't need to know exactly how fast i'm going since i know i'll be limited by my -1/+2 conversion.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
nice to know, but i probably won't install the button on mine when i get it. won't need to know exactly how fast i'm going since i know i'll be limited by my -1/+2 conversion.
you wont lose too much, i hit 175 at 13,000 with a bit more to go till the rev limiter would kick in. so im guess with the extra 500rpms thats roughly 5mph

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
175+5, so 180 mph with -1+2 huh. Bout time for you te get a SHv4, or yours is not calibrated lol
trust me, its dialed in. got a cop in my fraternity with a radar gun handy. and like i said, i have the V4, but thanks for ur concern

1 - 12 of 12 Posts