Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So as some of you know I laid my bike down a few days ago on the street. I'm fixing her up now and adding some extra parts and was thinking about adding a quick shifter but not sure which one to get. I've seen a few and just wanted to hear what people here that have one have to say as far as what they like they don't like what to stay away from and everything. Thanks in advance :grin2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Pat put mine on when Nels flashed and dynoed(2WDW) I'm pretty positive it's Woolich. I don't know jack about sportbikes and the gear. I can tell you it works flawlessly. My only complaint is not being able to shift from first to second for fear of damaging something. That's what I've been told anyway.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quick shifters arent designed to be used in low rpm, they were originally designed for racing and have filtered down to street bikes.

The Woolich Racing is the most complete quickshifter package, using the ecu to control shifts, other brands use coil and injector looms that intercept a signal from the bike, WR tells the bike ecu to cut fuel and spark.

Shifting from 1 to 2 requires a stronger shift pressure as you are going 1 N 2.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Quick shifters arent designed to be used in low rpm, they were originally designed for racing and have filtered down to street bikes.

The Woolich Racing is the most complete quickshifter package, using the ecu to control shifts, other brands use coil and injector looms that intercept a signal from the bike, WR tells the bike ecu to cut fuel and spark.

Shifting from 1 to 2 requires a stronger shift pressure as you are going 1 N 2.

Is it open or closed loop system?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.