Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading up to Loudon tomorrow. i help my buddy out in the pits and last race weekend he had an issue with his dynojet qs. The problem is that it doesnt start working until about two laps into his race. we pulled the plug on the harness where it connects to the pcv/qs module and checked for a change in resistance (didn't see one). does this mean the switch on the shift rod is shot? something else?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. It must be some sort of pressure switch to send the signal from the shift mechanism to the QS module so that it knows when to cut ignition/fuel (i dont know a ton about these things). My guess is that on one side of the connection there is low-voltage coming in and the pressure switch in the linkage closes the circuit telling the module to cut ignition/fuel.

We think the pressure switch in the linkage is the porblem but i wanted to see if anyone else ever experienced the same. We get no change in resistance or continuity when hooked up to the multi-meter in the paddock, but it starts working two-ish laps into the race.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The unit is simply a microswitch inside. It can be checked with a simple continuity test. Does not make sense why it would take a couple laps for it to start working. When guys come to us at the track complaining of shifter issues 99% of the time it is due to the linkage of the bike or the installation. Check for smoothness, binding and angles of the shift rods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts