Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Dynojet Quick Shifter for my 2006 ZX10R from the parts forum on this site. I installed it and plugged it into the expansion port on my bike's PowerCommander. The shifter is not killing the engine. Did I miss any steps? Do I need to change anything on the PowerCommander?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yea, there is a bit of setup you need to do with the PC. There's a min rpm setting, below which the QS does not work and theres also a kill time setting, the amount of time that the PC kills the ignition after a shift is instigated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to the shop that installed the PowerCommander and they got the Quicker Shifter working in short order. It looks like the programming for it was not setup. The guys at Mach 1 in Costa Mesa are great. They fixed it at no charge. I have a track day tomorrow and I'm looking forward to faster shifting. I also added an Acumen gear shift indicator which help me to stop trying find 7th gear. The Acumen may also help with being in the best gear for each turn. Thanks for your responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts