Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a service manual yet......36mm nut on the top of the triple tree right? and.......I already removed two screws from the mount under the triple tree near the right fork...I thought that piece would (which the stock ohlins rod attaches to) would just then just pop right off. But it hasn't, don't know how to remove that mount, i was thinking about tapping towards the back of the bike, i know there's no more bolts holdin her on?!?!?! thanks

·
Banned
182 Posts
there are 3 bolts on the mount that's probably why it won't come off:wink:, and yes the steering stem nut is a 36mm. You have to loosen the right clip-on to get the mount out of there though.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang.....could never have guessed, will have to wait till tomorrow to install it, home depot doesn't carry any larger sockets...:dontknow: ..have to go to an automotive store tomorrow...t

thnx for the help

·
Banned
182 Posts
hotstang46 said:
dang.....could never have guessed, will have to wait till tomorrow to install it, home depot doesn't carry any larger sockets...:dontknow: ..have to go to an automotive store tomorrow...t

thnx for the help
Sears will have the 36mm socket you are looking for. I just got one from my local sears and it was 8.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts