Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty search literate but for some reason I do not feel like I have found the answer to this. So here goes..

I have a Micron slip-on on the way. I have viewed the how-to in the forums for putting on a slip-on pipe and it looks pretty straight forward. However, I need to know if there is a gasket that should be replaced between the stock header and the Micron s-pipe. If there is one, should I order a new one or will the one that is there now be re-usable?

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I can't say for certain but i doubt the Micron has a gasket but if it did you would have received it with the pipe.

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
When I got my muzzys s/o it didn't come with a new gasket. I had to reuse the stock gasket. I did install a yosh s/o on a honda and it didn't need the gasket.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. It sounds like there isn't anything I need to worry about with regards to a gasket. Would you all still recommend some heat sealant in that area anyway (Permatex Ultra Copper)?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nope not unless you like cleaning up cooked gooey messes from your nice and shiny new pipe.

Most of the aftermarket exhaust use a very close tolerance compression fit on the slip on. Once you snug up the clamp there will no worries.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sonnyboy11 said:
Thanks for the help guys. It sounds like there isn't anything I need to worry about with regards to a gasket. Would you all still recommend some heat sealant in that area anyway (Permatex Ultra Copper)?
NO & NO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts