Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the DJ quickshifter "pull" type : By "pull" type we mean GP Shift? Any other difference with the "push" type? Is it the same for Gen1 & Gen2's?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I believe the pull type is for gp shift. I have the push type for normal shift style. The units are universal and will fit on most bikes. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the pull type is for gp shift. I have the push type for normal shift style. The units for the "push" type are universal and will fit on most bikes. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.:thumbsup:
Thanks mate :thumbsup: Is that correct?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yup, and actually either one will do, if you peel back the insulator on the wires near the connector that hooks into the PC3 you will see another wire tucked inside there, you can replace that wire with the other one and use it....

Hey Taco's I'ma reply to your email right now :-D

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, and actually either one will do, if you peel back the insulator on the wires near the connector that hooks into the PC3 you will see another wire tucked inside there, you can replace that wire with the other one and use it....

Hey Taco's I'ma reply to your email right now :-D
You mean the both the "pull" and "push" type, right ?
Thanks bud, i will start a thread soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thanks mate :thumbsup: Is that correct?
:lol: Im really not from down under (australia) I was teasing the other guy that called bullshizzle on my velocity stack thread.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Both types (push or pull) can work for either type of shifting (standard or GP)...it just depends on what action your linkage rod makes when you upshift.

For example...on my 04, the stock upshift pushes the rod...so I would need a push type quickshifter...if I had a stock pattern.

I hate stock shift patterns, so I GP'd my bike when I bought it by flipping the clevis (clamp on the shift shaft) 180*...this makes it so my linkage rod pulls to upshift...I would now need a pull type quickshifter.

In that sense, and using that method to achieve GP shifting, you are correct tasos.

However...it is possible to achieve a GP shift pattern with rearsets. The stock shift setup on my 04 has the linkage rod coming off of the bottom of the shift lever. With some aftermarket rearsets, Sato for example, you can purchase a shift lever and extended linkage rod that will move the rod to the top of the shift lever. In this case, you will achieve a GP shift pattern, but still push the linkage rod when you upshift...so you'd need a push-type quickshifter for your GP shift pattern.

Given the above scenario, flip the clevis 180*, and you would now pull to upshift with a standard pattern...and need a pull-type quickshifter.

Make sense? I always tell people to look at what your shift rod does when your upshift. If it moves towards the back of the bike, you need a pull-type...if it moves toward the front...you need a push.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dont understand why people are paying way over the odds for the Dynojet unit, at the end of the day its a microswitch connected to 2 pins on the the power commander, this unit has 2 grub screws, screw 1 in and 1 out for push & vice versa for pull. Its way cheaper and well made.
http://www.cordona.net/gp_switch.htm

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't see on my 08 where there is enough clearance for the Dynojet sensor if using GP shift. Looks to me I would have to go back to regular shift and I ain't a wanna do that.
Magic,

Try taking a look to see if you have room to put the quick shifter up front instead of the back of the shift rod. If you look at my bike pic (In the thank you for the pressure switch thread) you will notice that i have my qs up front instead of in the rear.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sense? I always tell people to look at what your shift rod does when your upshift. If it moves towards the back of the bike, you need a pull-type...if it moves toward the front...you need a push.
Yes it does. Reason is a found a cheap pull type, but i really want a push type for the 04.

Good info guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had a pull type on my 2006, i tried switching the wires to switch to gp shift but the unit did not work. i think they do this so they can make one wiring harness for both push and pull. i broke the shifter sensor in a crash so i dissected it, it only PULLS. the switch does not work the other way what so ever. you can test for this by checking resistance at all three wires. kinda sucks, i would be nice to switch between them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I also had to put mine up front as did dirt ninja,{wouldn't fit at side of rearsets} I've only just got it up and running this week, as I had to understand the pressure sensor settings, kill times & revs it actuates at.
The shifter I gave the link to above {cordona} comes with 3 wires as standard & instructions are provided how to run it "pull" or "push"
If any1 wants I will upload the instruction sheet showing details etc.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I also had to put mine up front as did dirt ninja,{wouldn't fit at side of rearsets} I've only just got it up and running this week, as I had to understand the pressure sensor settings, kill times & revs it actuates at.
The shifter I gave the link to above {cordona} comes with 3 wires as standard & instructions are provided how to run it "pull" or "push"
If any1 wants I will upload the instruction sheet showing details etc.
Good info. Thanks. I would definitely appreciate a chance to look at the instructions if you can upload them.

Looks like a better unit than the Dynojet piece. Especially that it can be used on any bike, push or pull.

Not that much of a price savings with the current exchange rates, though. Converts to $235 USD, but still about a $30 savings.
And free shipping definitely helps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
As Promised

Here are the instructions.
I'm also gonna try to do a quick "How to" covering any dynojet compatible Quickshifter, including getting it running with Dynojets software. {when I get a minute}

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts