Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put a hold on payment sent if it is a gift?

and if I send payment as a gift with my credit card through paypal will my credit card still back me up if I dont receive what I purchased??

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
No, gift can only be returned by the receiver.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yup, that's the risk you run sending funds as gifts to avoid paypal fees.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Never send as gift...

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Never send as gift...
Thats not the case. Do not send as a gift if you dont trust the guy. When i bought my 1/5th from rifleman i sent it as a gift, because i knew he would not rip me off. When i sell the keys, i ask that people send as a gift, because i have several people that have testified they recieved their products from me, AND because they are only $10..... I'm not going to risk my reputation over $10. Although, anything over $100 I would always send as a payment. Even if you end up having to pay them $103 to cover the paypal fees (2.5% i believe) Thats is just like paying for insurance.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Gifts are touchy Paypal Delayed all my incoming funds since i was getting so many.

Thanks
BC for that awsome Blue key can't wait to get it Cut

·
Registered
578 Posts
Gifts are touchy Paypal Delayed all my incoming funds since i was getting so many.
I had the same thing happen, it's definitely something to be careful with. Like BP said, don't send as a gift to someone you don't trust or if it's a high $ amount.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everytime I sell I ask that the buyer to send as a gift, this guy was acting a little sketchy but has feedback as good mine here so I was on the fence. I went ahead last night and sent payment as a gift so we will see if it shows up!!

FYI I tried sending as a gift with my credit card and it wont let you, they still want to charge you the 3%. So I sent as a gift through my checking account. Like I said the guy has 100% Excellent feedback on this other forum and he's on there daily so I think i'll be ok...

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Yea, that's the other downside to sending as a gift, you can't put it on your cc. You have to pay cash for it, because paypal gets charged by the cc company so if they let the transaction go through free, they would be losing money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts