Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker here. I have been a member for a while now since I bought my 2016 ZX10R KRT a few years ago. This is going to sound kinda dumb but here it goes (I apologise and appreciate any help)
My bike currently (2016) is full bolt on and tuned by 2wdw. I did everything myself except the exhaust. I bought it with a M4 GP series exhaust when I bought the bike used. The servo was in place but there never was a secondary o2 sensor during my ownership, although they did have the servo motor plugged in still just no cables obviously (I assume to not throw codes) I installed the servo buddy eliminator even though I got the ECU flashed but I forgot to ask the guys from 2wdw if the ECU was flashed prior or if it had a factory tune when I sent it to them. Basically, my question is more secondary o2 sensor related. If I buy a de cat slip on like another m4 GP or something similar will I need to tune right away when I unplug the O2 sensor? I just don't know what the original owner did or if it will throw a code. The bike will be tuned but just trying to avoid the check engine light in the process. I never have started from stock like I'm about to. So just trying to take the same steps as w my 2016 to not get a cel.
Also, any suggestions for a GP style exhaust slip on/de cat? Kinda leaning towards a Austin racing GP3 I like the short pipes in general over the 3/4 lengths. I will definitely tune but idk if it will be this year or not. Thanks again look forward to your input.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ummmm I might be dumb(highly likely), found a video from sport bike track gear and looks like the mufflerbox/thing I called a catalytic converter may only have the servo motor butterfly valve connections and no secondary o2?

·
Registered
18 zx10r
164 Posts
No secondary o2. Also interested to how badly it would need a tune with removal of the cat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured out the O2 bung is for auto tuner. If it's anything like my 16' 10r it wasn't that big of a difference without a tune for the 6 months it wasn't tuned.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
A tune helps but it isn't an absolute must. The bike will attempt to adjust the fuel air mixture with the narrow band. Fuck, I know j had a midpipe without the wideband for a few months on my 2017 but don't remember what I did with the factory o2 sensor. If it was still in there or if I just moved it or what I did. I'm not dressed or I would go look at my bike. Still the bike does fine without the cat. If you change the air filter and can and remove the cat it still runs like a beast but a tune wake her the fuck up. Plus then you can properly disable the o2 and remove all the emissions shit and the ram air flap etc, exhaust valve and it's code etc. Idk, the cheapest woolich kit is about the same cost as a canned flash and you can make adjustments whenever you want. Ok maybe 100 more but still worth it to just get the setup to do it yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts