Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for an account a little while back. I was wondering what is the best way to send money? Can I just give my credit card number to Paypal or do I have to put my bank account numbers and routing numbers from my check on there? If it means anything, this will really be like a once in a blue moon type thing. I'm not a big internet buyer.

Thanks,

Derrick

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Paypal works good if you are buyin' chit. All the fees are on the back of the merchant. You can pay with your credit card or it can be taken directly out of your checking account. They require your checking account number and credit card number. They will send a small electronic transfer into your checking account to confirm that it is you.

I have never had any issues with unauthorized use of my account information.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Paypal works good if you are buyin' chit. All the fees are on the back of the merchant. You can pay with your credit card or it can be taken directly out of your checking account. They require your checking account number and credit card number. They will send a small electronic transfer into your checking account to confirm that it is you.

I have never had any issues with unauthorized use of my account information.
:+1:

·
Banned
319 Posts
i use it for the simple fact that if you buy things and use pay pal you know it got there rather than sending a check or money order and pay pal.....and if you dont get your item pay pal will give your money back

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Paypal pulled money from my checking account without authorization one time for some shit. been several years now and i can't remember the details but it was horse shit how they did. I don't use it anymore due to that. I don't like handing my bank account info out. Too easy for shit to happen.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
06450F said:
Paypal pulled money from my checking account without authorization one time for some shit. been several years now and i can't remember the details but it was horse shit how they did. I don't use it anymore due to that. I don't like handing my bank account info out. Too easy for shit to happen.
:+1:

i can understand nowadays sending money orders being less convenient. but thats how i've always done it. ive bought and sold several things online now and will never screw anyone over.

btw, before i bought my bike off ebay a friend of mine set up a paypal account to pay the deposit on it. they did similar shit where money was taken out w/o authorization. we vowed never again to use them, and never to make a big purchase like that again thru ebay, unless i can go see the vehicle in person.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
I would also suggest opening a separate bank account just for PP. Only keep a small amount of money in it til you are ready to purchase. That way if someone does hack your account or PP decides to pull money, they can only get to a small amount rather than from your primary account.

Tread

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tread70 said:
I would also suggest opening a separate bank account just for PP. Only keep a small amount of money in it til you are ready to purchase. That way if someone does hack your account or PP decides to pull money, they can only get to a small amount rather than from your primary account.

Tread

Very good idea.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I recommend, specifically for Ebay purchases, using a credit card as the paypal instrument. The credit card company will get their money back if there is any questionable transactions. If the seller has an issue with the additional fee I usually settle it with bank account transfer via paypal. Ebay and paypal will do nothing to help you if things go sideways but your credit card company damn sure will. So setup both, a credit card and bank account for transactions.:wink:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I will only use a credit card to fund my PayPal account. I've never had to supply any bank account information what so ever. The registration process trys to trick you into providing that information but you don't need to at all. And this is the path I highly recommend you take with regards to PayPal....only use a credit card as the funding source. Like what was said, if there is a problem, you can contact your credit card company and file a charge back. Let PayPal deal with recovering the funds. If you even open a second account using your personal bank account as the funding source, there could be a chance that PayPal will go after that account to pull money for bogus charges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts