Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06' zx10 and ive been looking into the 08 race cams and wanted someone to explain the difference in the 08 cam versus my 06. Im assuming since its the stock cam from the 08' zx10. And do i need different springs and where should i degree the cam for top performance or install it with stock marks. Also when ordering the cam should i be ordering the stock intake cam for the 08' zx10?

·
Registered
729 Posts
The 08 race cam is not same as 08 stock cam. Race cam is discontinued bit this guy seems to have one, and Patrick on this forum may still have some new ones. I bought two from him recently. Pm me for his info if you want it.
There are a ton of threads about this and I am involved in a lot of them lol. Stock springs are best but use 08 stock retainers and have them shimmed upon installation for proper seat pressure. I ran kibble white springs last time around but increased spring pressure and todays shitty oils wore intake cam and ended up breaking my intake springs. Carpenter and others are too much spring pressure as well for such a mild race cam.
I had mine degreed at 110/102 last time but that is too high. HP was peaking after redline even with my rev extend. I'm going 107/103 this time which I've researched is the best set up for 08 race intake and stock exhaust cams.
Run a thinner head gasket as well. Kawi discontinued those as well. There are some members on here selling the .50 or .55 tho. .45 will have to be made by cometic or someone else.

Edit: ^ he's talking about the ebay ones. Yes that's true but it happens to be the guy on our forum selling them on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts