Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

which is better for a dirt dwelling squid?

• Honda CBR 600RR

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Suzuki GSXR

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Yamaha R6

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Kawasaki ZX6R

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is better for a first bike for a guy who grew up riding dirt bikes? 2007 models only. buying a new one.

honda 600RR
suzuki 650(?) GSXR
yamaha R6
Kawasaki ZX6

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yami is a piece.
Honda is reliable
suk is for show
Kawi is for the hardcore that dont really give a fuck.

Just my opinion. Other than that there all gggggreat! lol

·
Registered
697 Posts
The 650 Ninjette (not the 6R) is a great bike. The suspension is lacking but the motor will surprise you. A co worker rides one and it sounds great on high speed runs. I may ride it soon... I just dont know if he can handle my bike.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Use to love the R6 but I don't like the way the fairing splits around the headlights on the new one. Honda RR is a cool bike but I rode one and found it uncomfortable (kind of unusual for Honda). It had my butt stuck pretty high in the air. The Suzi.. well, I just don't like zooks. Just a thing I have going (known one too many squids on them). That plus they have not reviewed all that well in the 600 class of late. Just saw a newer model ZX6 the other day and I was impressed. That certainly would be my choice for a Japanese 6 if I was lookin. Good reviews (everyone loves the motor) and it looks cool.

BTW, that new Triumph 6 gets a lot of love from motorcycle.com. They just named it their 'Best of the Best' bike for 06.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i think that the cbr is a good learners bike and its alot more comfortable then the other bikes, but i think either way u will get used to anyone of the bikes so get a ninja! keep it gangsta!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I have ridden the 06 gixer and 06 r6...I would go with either of those imho

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
IMO

yama >> bodywork is built ok but is crazy quick
honda >> built to last FOREVER and pretty responsive
suz>> never like em
kawa >> the new 6 is BAD! like it alot

so if he is really looking for a bike to learn on i would recommend the honda, for looks the yama is awesome, no suzuki, and kawa if he wants to learn and then tear the street/track up from time to time.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
They are all great bikes. As far as performance and handling goes they are all going to be better than you. It boils bown to which one fits you better and which one looks best to you.
Personally I would go with the honda.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
whispering smith said:
This is the kawi site how can u recomand anthing less.
Get the green one its faster.
Kawi Rules
:+1:
the results are so far what I'd expect from this site. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
How could you compare a Zuk 650 with legends such as the Honda CBR 600RR, Kawi ZX6R, and Yami R6... Different classes of bikes there... now if you add the Zuk GSXR 600, then you're on to something. The best thing I can tell you is to go and see each of the nikes you're interested in, sit on 'em and let the bike choose you... that is, of course, if you don't have a favorite bike in mind. In a world of Kawi lovers.... the ONLY real choice is... a Kawi

But I also agree with checking out the Triumph Daytona 675...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Chances are he is going to huck the thing down the street in the first few months either way so I would save my pennies and get the cheapest of them all, whichever one that is.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well he really is a good dirt rider. hes been on dirt bikes since he could walk. he keeps telling me stuff like "dirt riders are better on the street than people who just start out straight on the street." he also wants to know if its lame to try to match his gear to his bike. i tell him he should get black, it matches everything. he wants to get a blue bike and blue gear. i say that its gay to match. what do you think?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Rruhtroh said:
well he really is a good dirt rider. hes been on dirt bikes since he could walk. he keeps telling me stuff like "dirt riders are better on the street than people who just start out straight on the street." he also wants to know if its lame to try to match his gear to his bike. i tell him he should get black, it matches everything. he wants to get a blue bike and blue gear. i say that its gay to match. what do you think?
Oohh, I dunno. I'm pretty much matched up color-wise with my ZX and Valk. And I like girls. And I don't have a problem with gays. So what does it all mean? I think it means- do whatever you like!

But get the ZX6. No, seriously. And the R6 second. And the Honda third. And forget the fuggin zook.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts