Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not sure what year bike you are talking about with this, I will talk about it on a 2008.

ATRE is a Switchable + Remappable + Smart + Automatic TRE.

Ivan's TRE locks the bike into the Neutral timing map, which gives you the benefits of other non-adjustable TREs (but some say the neutral map is better as some other ones use a 5th or 6th gear map) plus it eliminates the fuel shutoff on deceleration for smoother shifts and less jerkiness transition of on/off throttle. But you loose the OEM gear indicator.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 07, so no factory gear indicator, which is why I was looking at the gipro with the atre, but from what I've read Ivan's is the way to go. Right?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Ivan's is single gear map only. It plugs in and is always on. It tells the ECU it's in 5th or 6th gear all the time. That's it. The GIPro is a gear indicator readout that tells you what gear the biike is in, while telling the ECU it's in 5th or 6th gear depending on what mode you select. The GIPro also truns itself off when neutral is selected so the idle is supposedly smoother. With the GIPro, you get the combined benefit of the TRE and the gear indicator in 1 package and is easily truned off with the push of a button.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Naaaw, Ivans is neutral map only. 5th and 6th gear dont do shit. All 6 gear maps are the same and are less aggresive than the neutral map. That has been proven in the ECU hacked thread.
Well for a 1st Gen maybe I proved that years ago(meaning I proved it's Neutral what the TRE does)....Is it the same for the 3rd gen as well?...meaning the best map for all gens is the Neutral map?

bloo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts