Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder how most people do the financial transactions here? In the old days one would accept a check and waited until it cleared or just took a chance on getting burned. Let's say I want to sell something, what is the safest (best) way to do the tranaction for both parties?? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Paypal, it costs a fee to get money though. Always ask for a bank certified check or money order, pretty simple and straight up.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:+1: for paypal

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Paypal here also.
:+1:

I recently sold nearly $10,000 worth of stuff in a span of about 4 days on this forum. Shipped out over 30 packages.

Every transaction was done with PayPal. I included the fees in my selling price. Everyone paid for the items, all got shipped and every one happy.

However, there is either a certain amount of trust or hope and prayer on behalf of those that send large amounts of money with PayPal. I had some send me as much as $1500.00. But it works because I am an honest person.

But in reality, a person could take the funds, never ship the items and PayPal will do NOTHING about it if items are sold outside eBay.

Lot of people took a chance sending me huge sums of money and were rewarded with their faith by getting a lot of new items cheap.

But not everyone is honest and some have been burned on this and other forums.

To be Honest, it is a crap shoot for the buyer.

I have decided a long time ago to treat all whom I deal with as 100% honest. I know that not all people are, but my guess is most are, probably in the very high 90 percent column. That way I never do anyone wrong, and if I get done wrong, so be it. It wasn't my day.

Don't mean I wont try and hunt em down though.

But most people are honest, almost all people. Thats a good thing to know.

And to date not a single person has ever stole from me thru internet transactions and I have made a lot. I am batting 100%!

JJ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:+1:

I recently sold nearly $10,000 worth of stuff in a span of about 4 days on this forum. Shipped out over 30 packages.

Every transaction was done with PayPal. I included the fees in my selling price. Everyone paid for the items, all got shipped and every one happy.

However, there is either a certain amount of trust or hope and prayer on behalf of those that send large amounts of money with PayPal. I had some send me as much as $1500.00. But it works because I am an honest person.

But in reality, a person could take the funds, never ship the items and PayPal will do NOTHING about it if items are sold outside eBay.

Lot of people took a chance sending me huge sums of money and were rewarded with their faith by getting a lot of new items cheap.

But not everyone is honest and some have been burned on this and other forums.

To be Honest, it is a crap shoot for the buyer.

I have decided a long time ago to treat all whom I deal with as 100% honest. I know that not all people are, but my guess is most are, probably in the very high 90 percent column. That way I never do anyone wrong, and if I get done wrong, so be it. It wasn't my day.

Don't mean I wont try and hunt em down though.

But most people are honest, almost all people. Thats a good thing to know.

And to date not a single person has ever stole from me thru internet transactions and I have made a lot. I am batting 100%!

JJ

Thanks JJ!!!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use paypal only when people will not accept a check or money order. I also try to warn people about paypal. They are not a finacial institution so they do not have the same rules as banks and etc. They can keep your money too. They can do whatever they want. It is pretty messed up and Ebay owns Paypal. How F'd up is that. Buy something from one person and pay onother who gives it to the original owner. Just screems bad bisness to me. But people feel this false sense of security when they use paypal. When I sell something I give the person my phone number and I say if there is any problems give me a call.

My horror story with paypal happend when I got orders up to Utah. I had changed my banking to one locally here in UTah and forgot to update it on my paypal. Well I had won a auction on ebay for a Nakano Arai helmet. Went to paypal the next day and paid the guy. Then I noticed it was my old banking info. So I called paypal and told them that I had the wrong info on my account. The operator told me that the back up method will take care of that. I told him that it was my debit card from the same bank. He then told me that it will just get kicked back in two days and I can just update my info and repay. So I asked that a note be made on my account to reflect that, is what was going to take place. You see my biggest concern was my rating on ebay. It was good and I didn't want it to go down. So I wrote the guy a letter stating I was having some trouble with paypal and he would get paid. I just needed a couple days. He replyed no problem. Well when he went online to check his paypal he was showing he got paid. He mailed the helmet out the next day. Two days later paypal took the payment back and I had to wait to verify my new checking before I could even pay the man for his helmet. Within three days of the auction ending I had a new helmet in my lap. So there he was without money and item. So he called paypal and they told him my credit card was stolen. OH by the way this guy is a cop. So the fourth day I had a Sandy city sheriff knocking on my door. Yep thats right I was going to be charged with freud. NOt cool. Luckily the cop gave me the other cops phone number and I arranged to pay him with a money order. But long story short Paypal does what ever the f they want too. YOu think you are safe? Wrong.... After talking with the police officer in Conneticut were the helmet was he had told me they told him he could pretty much fly a kite. They were not responcible for anything. You basically can send money to anyone and just pay a fee. There is no rule saying they have to send you anything back. Paypal sucks sooo bad they have forums of horror stories worse than mine. People getting there accounts frozen with money in it and paypal keeps the interest earned on the money. I am not talking 20 bucks either. It is just mind blowing. YOU guys should do some research. Garantee you would think twice after reading some of the things I have. Just my two cents.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I use paypal only when people will not accept a check or money order. I also try to warn people about paypal. They are not a finacial institution so they do not have the same rules as banks and etc. They can keep your money too. They can do whatever they want. It is pretty messed up and Ebay owns Paypal. How F'd up is that. Buy something from one person and pay onother who gives it to the original owner. Just screems bad bisness to me. But people feel this false sense of security when they use paypal. When I sell something I give the person my phone number and I say if there is any problems give me a call.

My horror story with paypal happend when I got orders up to Utah. I had changed my banking to one locally here in UTah and forgot to update it on my paypal. Well I had won a auction on ebay for a Nakano Arai helmet. Went to paypal the next day and paid the guy. Then I noticed it was my old banking info. So I called paypal and told them that I had the wrong info on my account. The operator told me that the back up method will take care of that. I told him that it was my debit card from the same bank. He then told me that it will just get kicked back in two days and I can just update my info and repay. So I asked that a note be made on my account to reflect that, is what was going to take place. You see my biggest concern was my rating on ebay. It was good and I didn't want it to go down. So I wrote the guy a letter stating I was having some trouble with paypal and he would get paid. I just needed a couple days. He replyed no problem. Well when he went online to check his paypal he was showing he got paid. He mailed the helmet out the next day. Two days later paypal took the payment back and I had to wait to verify my new checking before I could even pay the man for his helmet. Within three days of the auction ending I had a new helmet in my lap. So there he was without money and item. So he called paypal and they told him my credit card was stolen. OH by the way this guy is a cop. So the fourth day I had a Sandy city sheriff knocking on my door. Yep thats right I was going to be charged with freud. NOt cool. Luckily the cop gave me the other cops phone number and I arranged to pay him with a money order. But long story short Paypal does what ever the f they want too. YOu think you are safe? Wrong.... After talking with the police officer in Conneticut were the helmet was he had told me they told him he could pretty much fly a kite. They were not responcible for anything. You basically can send money to anyone and just pay a fee. There is no rule saying they have to send you anything back. Paypal sucks sooo bad they have forums of horror stories worse than mine. People getting there accounts frozen with money in it and paypal keeps the interest earned on the money. I am not talking 20 bucks either. It is just mind blowing. YOU guys should do some research. Garantee you would think twice after reading some of the things I have. Just my two cents.
<<<I had changed my banking to one locally here in UTah and forgot to update it on my paypal.>>>

But you are blaming PayPal for what you freely admit was your mistake. Had you not "forgotten" and updated your account, this would not have happened. :dontknow:

JJ

·
Registered
164 Posts
True

Had the account changed on the paypal this wouldn't have happened in theory. My gripe is that I had called to inform paypal that I hadn't changed it and that the account was no longer active. They told me it would be no problem. So why did they tell that other guy I used a stolen credit card and then did not contact me or let me know they told this guy that I pretty much stole his shit. That is what pissed me off. I realized the mistake early on and tried to rectify it and Paypal didn't give a shit. That was my issue. I guess you had to be there. I will find some more out this evening and post it up. Paypal has had plenty of class action lawsuits against them and so on. They are not as "safe" as people think. Just my point is all.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Had the account changed on the paypal this wouldn't have happened in theory. My gripe is that I had called to inform paypal that I hadn't changed it and that the account was no longer active. They told me it would be no problem. So why did they tell that other guy I used a stolen credit card and then did not contact me or let me know they told this guy that I pretty much stole his shit. That is what pissed me off. I realized the mistake early on and tried to rectify it and Paypal didn't give a shit. That was my issue. I guess you had to be there. I will find some more out this evening and post it up. Paypal has had plenty of class action lawsuits against them and so on. They are not as "safe" as people think. Just my point is all.
I don't know. Maybe it is normal practice for PayPal representatives to routinely make up sh!t all day long? :dontknow:

People file frivolous law suits with out merit all the time. Lawsuits are one thing, judgements ar another.

All you have given us in support of your negative PayPal experience is proof that it began with your error.

Paypal has worked perfectly for me. Until that changes, I will keep using them.

JJ

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Pp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts