Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to but everything from ivan tomorrow,,, full akra system,stainless steel,, $300 cheaper than titainum,, an still the same horse power they say.. pc3usb,tre, an block off plat,,, they said i need the block off plat to help the bike not to pop while decelerating,,, do any of you have that problem?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The plates will help reduce the decel popping but not eliminate it completely. It does however make perfect sense to replace them since you'll be removing the tank/bodywork anyway.

BD

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats cool,,, i dont mind that kind of pop,,, i like the noise,,lol,,, as long as it dos'nt back fire while idleing or excelerating. and hes loading the map for all the stuff to,,, should be turn key an go,,, dam,,, should of waited to say that,,lol

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Do the block off plates. I found the backfiring extremely annoying. You will lose some weight by taking the CA canister off also.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
AtomAnt said:
whats CA????
Non 49 state bike, or another term is a California ZX10R with some emission junk.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got ya,, thanks,,, im in maryland ,, im going to do everything ivan says first,,, then im going to get it dynod,,, to see where im at,,, i got one done when i was at deals gap,, but im not to sure how good the machine was,, im thinking i should of been around 148 to 152,,, i might be thinking big though,, it was at wheelers in robinsonville.. and how much do i add with the ram air,,, 8 to 10 horses?????

·
Registered
477 Posts
the numbers mean Jack, it's thebefore and after you're interested in, that's all. Ram air doesn't even come into play until you're at jailable speeds, so don't worry about it. haha

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Ram Air is a Joke on our bikes. We are not getting ANY more HP from it at all. There is a large vacume line going to the airbox.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to build a Positive pressure WHILE pulling a vacume. It cannot happen. As well as the crankcase is not designed to handle positive pressure.

The ram air looks cool, period.

AtomAnt said:
got ya,, thanks,,, im in maryland ,, im going to do everything ivan says first,,, then im going to get it dynod,,, to see where im at,,, i got one done when i was at deals gap,, but im not to sure how good the machine was,, im thinking i should of been around 148 to 152,,, i might be thinking big though,, it was at wheelers in robinsonville.. and how much do i add with the ram air,,, 8 to 10 horses?????

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah but some people re-route that pipe (Pair or whatever Kawisaki call theirs) and the CC breather for fairly decent h.p gains. So that there's continual flow from the air box, into the crankcase, and then back up to the airbox again. Great h.p, but really oily air filters too. lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey AA im in maryland too, we should hook up and ride together one weekend.....good luck on those mods....hope u get some good HP out of them.....u should really try a custom map prolly will get u more hp,(so I've been reading). :thumbsup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey saki,,, im in glenburnie,,, near baltimore,,, do you have yahoo messanger?,, i sent you an im,,, bummer about the ram air,,, why use that as a selling point then,, makes no sense,,, sounds like sales frawed..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
AtomAnt said:
hey saki,,, im in glenburnie,,, near baltimore,,, do you have yahoo messanger?,, i sent you an im,,, bummer about the ram air,,, why use that as a selling point then,, makes no sense,,, sounds like sales frawed..
I have read many articles and test on RAM air over the years and have always thought Kawi was the best, especially on the ZX9R and ZX10R but there is no test here, but the real world dyno's and head to heads got my attention. Read this article:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_9912_ram/

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I love my 10.

However I am a big believer in reality.

I have had my airbox off many times.

i have studied it.

I have drank beer with it.

I wanted it to be true, but I just don't think it is.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
crispin said:
I love my 10.

However I am a big believer in reality.

I have had my airbox off many times.

i have studied it.

I have drank beer with it.

I wanted it to be true, but I just don't think it is.
lol :beer:

·
Registered
477 Posts
have you tried drinking beer FROM the air box? I have heard that gives a few more ponies, but it's an AMA secret, so keep it hush hush. Hahaha

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Birdman said:
have you tried drinking beer FROM the air box? I have heard that gives a few more ponies, but it's an AMA secret, so keep it hush hush. Hahaha

So are you saying you disagree with sportriders test, and if you do show prof. that it doesn't work. I keep an open eye mate :shady:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts