Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like my 08 will be totalled out, which kinda bums me out... on the bright side it is mechanically fine so I (tentatively) plan to buy it back and set it up as a super light bike for street/track. This will include race bodywork of course, the cheaper price definitely helps that decision haha. My factory ram air duct got trashed, and my question is this: is the ram air duct the only thing that supports the upper? If I buy race bodywork is that the only part I will need to buy new?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
On my 04 the duct does help support the bodywork.

The duct, a bolt through each mirror mount, and the two mounts down by your knees are what i use for mounts.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
most bodywork has always "supposed" to fit in factory locations....a couple friends had the body work before, they just never lined up correctly, but you do get what you pay for.

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I had to add supports to my tail section but the rest fit at the stock mounting areas

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
On my 04 the duct does help support the bodywork.

The duct, a bolt through each mirror mount, and the two mounts down by your knees are what i use for mounts.
:+1:

FWIW Armour Bodies fits great and is primed. Just needs minimal scuffing and it's ready to paint! For $600 you just can't beat it. Not a single flaw in mine anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts