Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired very well made stands by Anaconda.
Is there any issue having the front raised by a triple clamp stand, and therefore not having any upward force on the front forks while storing the bike for the rainy season (4-5 months). The forks basically hang now instead of being compressed.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I wouldnt think so, I guess you could always put some things uder the wheel to compress them. the idea though is to get the tire off of the ground so that it does not flat spot from sitting on the ground.

I use front a rear factory stands, the front go into the lower forks legs. I may try to get a stem stand this year.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
its actually a good idea to have the tires off the ground.

BD

·
Registered
54 Posts
JBJ said:
I have recently acquired very well made stands by Anaconda.
Is there any issue having the front raised by a triple clamp stand, and therefore not having any upward force on the front forks while storing the bike for the rainy season (4-5 months). The forks basically hang now instead of being compressed.
Hey Jimbo,You put your bike in storage because of rain?What a wuss!!!!Why don't you join me for a ride to Port Hardy on the 12th? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Newbusa said:
Hey Jimbo,You put your bike in storage because of rain?What a wuss!!!!Why don't you join me for a ride to Port Hardy on the 12th? :mrgreen:
Hey welcome to your new home Johnny!
Come by for a coffee anyway! but my baby is tucked into bed and hibernating for the wet season!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts