Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an oil leak and I think it's coming from one of the two bolts under the starter cover. If you're looking at the oil window, to the right of it there are two bolts with copper washers that go up into the cover. I have been trying to look for them in OEM parts but don't know under what sections to look, or what they're called. Anyone have any ideas? All the gaskets in that area also appear to be good. Cleaned off the area and it does seam to be coming from one of those bolts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bolt

The two bolts are actually above the oil window. It's the first bolt that seems to be leaking. Here's a picture maybe it'll help. It might be easier to just go to the shop and be like wtf is this bolt and do you have a washer, and will i eff anything up by removing it and re installing it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've tried tightening them, but no luck, and i don't want to strip them. im thinking that maybe the copper washer is bad or something.

·
Registered
323 Posts
those bolts bolt the case together at the main journal they have to be torqued down. i cant remember the torque spec but you can look it up in the service manual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts