Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i change it myself will i have to adjust anything,retune...is it something you just take off old put in new & your set to go.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
If ya gonna be in there, you might as well degree the cams too. I believe (not sure) that no mapping is required for the thinner gasket.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what's going on.

The bike is in a thousand peace's.Now would be the time to install all the good stuff PCIII,THIN HEAD GASKET,TRE,BMC FILTER....i'll need to tune with all the other stuff but was wondering if i'd have to tune with just the head gasket replaced.

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I would get it tuned when you've got all the bits and pieces on it, that is if they're all going on right away..

It's gonna be one badass machine.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeech said:
I would get it tuned when you've got all the bits and pieces on it, that is if they're all going on right away..

It's gonna be one badass machine.
Yea that's exactly what i'm gonna do..as soon as the stuff get's here i'll slap it all in.Just got off the phone with gary from CYCLE TUNE here in fresno ca they got a dyno.He said he'd get max performance out of it.

Thank's again guy's.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
You should get it tuned, especially with our piss water gas here in Cali. Louie from L&L Motorsports is a good guy with a mobile dyno. Check him out. www.landlmotorsports.com

later...Ara-mri

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Ya, Louie goes to all the AMA races, and club races, and travels all over tuning bikes and training people. He really knows his stuff. I think hes even a Power Commander training center.

later...Ara

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
What the hell stroke it while your in there, and bore it out for shits and giggles

·
Registered
369 Posts
Gotcha. I was thinking about this post on my way in today. Less room to put stuff, the higher the compression.

The Kawasaki rep was in my dealer the other day getting the same head gasket installed. Now ya'll got me thinking about looking to the motor for more power. :idea:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
You guys are all crazy bastards I love it.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I had a thinner head gasket installed once, however due to the significant others request for more i removed it and installed a addadicktome extension.

i know TMI :lol:

BD

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think what "frank' mean's is all the stupied little thing's we do to our bike's to try & get 1 or 2 hp.....when the mofo is fast as hell out the showroom floor....unbelivable aint it,o'well it's that or drug's....ummm i'd rather spend it on the bike i'm tired of waking up on the flor.:weed:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Big Daddy said:
I had a thinner head gasket installed once, however due to the significant others request for more i removed it and installed a addadicktome extension.

i know TMI :lol:

BD
:crackup: gosh damn...stop fuggen up my thread's..you fugger..lol.:lol:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
so there fugger i ain't the only one movin yo fo schizzle shat!! :headshake

BD

1 - 20 of 30 Posts