Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are you guys cleaning the stock air filter? According to the service manuel it's a throw away. I'm making final preperations for my stock pull tomorrow. I'm gonna look at the air filter after work tonight. So far I cleaned, and lubed my chain. The chain slack is with in tolerance at about 1.7 inches. I like as much slack as possible. Oh yeah, I cleaned my wheels with WD-40. That shit works like magic.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
WD on the wheels looks great, right up till you ride out of the driveway. [smilie=b: It'll let dust stick to your rims like a muther. Good coat of wax on them is best IMHO.
Ipulled my stock filter @ 4k mi. and knocked it out on the table like you would a vacume cleaner filter. If you have compressed air available you can blow it out from the inside to get the dirt out of it.
BTW, @ 4k mi., I found all sorts of stuff in the filter, a pair of R6's a Busa, 3 R1's, 4 CBR1kRR's, couple o' GXXER 1K's, a few small dogs, couple birds and a Z06 'Vette. Good thing the stock filter is high quality. Wouldn't have wanted the engine munching on any of those!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gladding24 said:
WD on the wheels looks great, right up till you ride out of the driveway. [smilie=b: It'll let dust stick to your rims like a muther. Good coat of wax on them is best IMHO.
Ipulled my stock filter @ 4k mi. and knocked it out on the table like you would a vacume cleaner filter. If you have compressed air available you can blow it out from the inside to get the dirt out of it.
BTW, @ 4k mi., I found all sorts of stuff in the filter, a pair of R6's a Busa, 3 R1's, 4 CBR1kRR's, couple o' GXXER 1K's, a few small dogs, couple birds and a Z06 'Vette. Good thing the stock filter is high quality. Wouldn't have wanted the engine munching on any of those![/quote]
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the WD-40 will be dry by time I ride. She is on stands until I finish the exhuast testing.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mad Kaw, just buy a gallon of it, and clean you filter in a pan of it, like washing dishes, but don't dry it afterwards, just stick it back in the bike. I guarantee the dirt will not get past the filter :D

Neither will anything else. [smilie=b:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Ya'll are crazy, the wd-40 will get sucked into the intake.

Use gold label Chain Wax it's gauranteed not to fly off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts