Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Been reading through the site. I don't have a ZX10 (can't fold my old broken down and out of shape body on to the pure sports bikes) but instead have a ZX12 and a ZRX1200.

I am in the middle of a project for a friend and need some help. We are installing a ZX10 swing arm/rear wheel on his bike and he is looking to match the front wheel with the rear.

If someone could post a measurement of the rotor width from outside to outside it would help out a lot. Tape measure will work but if you have a caliper that would be even better. I need to see if it will match the width of the ZX12 rotors.

I know the bearings can be swapped to the correct size and I can machine spacers for the outside and inside of the wheel but just don't have access to a ZX10 to measure the rotor distance to see if this is all feasible.

I will name my first born after who ever has the measurements. Well, maybe not as I don't see any kids in my future but I can at least post pics once it is done and give a big thanks.

Here is a pic of the pivot I made to fit the arm.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Hello everyone

Been reading through the site. I don't have a ZX10 (can't fold my old broken down and out of shape body on to the pure sports bikes) but instead have a ZX12 and a ZRX1200.

I am in the middle of a project for a friend and need some help. We are installing a ZX10 swing arm/rear wheel on his bike and he is looking to match the front wheel with the rear.

If someone could post a measurement of the rotor width from outside to outside it would help out a lot. Tape measure will work but if you have a caliper that would be even better. I need to see if it will match the width of the ZX12 rotors.

I know the bearings can be swapped to the correct size and I can machine spacers for the outside and inside of the wheel but just don't have access to a ZX10 to measure the rotor distance to see if this is all feasible.

I will name my first born after who ever has the measurements. Well, maybe not as I don't see any kids in my future but I can at least post pics once it is done and give a big thanks.

Here is a pic of the pivot I made to fit the arm.
Years ago, when I had a 12 there was a guy that put a ZX7 swingarm
on his 12. Turned out good. Easy swap from what I remember. He
stayed with the ZX12 wheels though.

Post pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Years ago, when I had a 12 there was a guy that put a ZX7 swingarm
on his 12. Turned out good. Easy swap from what I remember. He
stayed with the ZX12 wheels though.

Post pics.
I remember reading about that project. The ZX7 arm is wider than the 10 arm in the wheel area so keeping stock wheels was possible. The 10 arm is almost an inch narrower than the 12s so we have to use the 10 wheel. Not a bad thing as it is lighter than the 12 wheel.

With the guy who swapped the 7 arm I think his main problem was getting the linkage and dog bones correct. His ratio was off some plus the 7 arm was much shorter than the 12 arm. The 10 arm is close to the 12 length wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts