Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the following mods...
Akra evo2,pciii USB,BMC race,Schnitz EFIR box,40 shot dry nitrous,mps box for high rpm fuel,Kaw thin head gasket,kaw intake cam and degree cams to 105/105. thats about it I think...

Well,Heres the question...
My bike fouled 2 sets of plugs after the cam work was done... Still running the same map as I was...So I found a leaner map and seems to be better....but the problem is I can roll on the throttle in any gear and she runs to red line no probs...BUT if I smack the throttle wide open in low rpms,it spits and bogs then takes off until about 10500...then it breaks up again..Should I lean the 100% throttle out on any certain rpms or what???
I KNOW I KNOW...custom map will fix this...but I am working 6 days 12 hour shifts...and the closest dyno(I would trust) is 3 1/2 hrs away...I was trying to make it the rest of the summer,add some more mods, and get a custom in the spring...

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Get a custom done soon just so nothin happens to the engine.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if it bogs real bad try taking numbers away in 10's I'd take fuel away down low at 80% and 100% and possibly 60% also, since you might not be all the way at 100% ands the fuel change transition may help being a lil leaner....

You should probably get a full custom map done, Im sure your missing out on some performance.

as for up top does it feel like its running lean or rich?

Ya know another htough ( I jsut put one of thes eon my bike) is a data logger in which you can basically tune the bike your self. You need to get an 02 bung welded in your mid pipe and do some wire tapping for throttle position and rpm.

I have used the Innovate box before but I recently switched to a company called "daytona sensors" its called the WEGO 2 box and it has a heads up display type box that shows air fuel ratios, great for monitoring during nitrous. Im running a 30 shot dry muzzy kit and so I have noticed that the motor does go slightly lean to 13.8-14.2:1 afr but then evens bak out to around 12.8:1-13:1 which is pretty good for air fuel.

check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts