Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got my ZX14 front Calipers in today, the brake pads are with it and look almost brand new. So I am thinking to spray them down with brake cleaner and re-using them instead of spending $100 for new one's.

Ok, the real question......... How do I bleed these new brakes? one caliper at a time? or do I do both with one pull on the leaver?

Also, do I use the brake lines that came with the ZX14 calipers? or use the stock ones on the bike, and just replace the actual calipers?

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
On my OEM ones I bled them one at at time and it worked well. Just remember to do the master cyl as well. I put the new ZX14 calipers on as well and will be adding fluid tonight. Look forward to other responses to see if I am doing things correctly.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
You can use the original lines but now would be a good time to upgrade to stainless lines.
Your already doing most of the work.

Otherwise, bleed one at a time (with both already installed) and don't get brake fluid on any painted sufaces.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to say thanks for this great forum. The info is priceless.

I cleaned and painted the 14 calipers with high gloss Black engine pait first... then installed them on my bike. It went smooth and easy, bled the calipers and master cylinder and the difference is night and day. The brakes are really firm and strong now. Best mod so far, and it was all info I got from this forum. Awesome!!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts